Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Jun 14, 2021
Visit site
The mistake so many people make is to review only one Devialet. As a stereo, they are some of the most entertaining speakers around.

I say entertaining not audiophile, but I myself hate pure audiophile and think it is boring.

I have my pair of phantom II hooked up to a THX Onyx which gives more warmth and listening to music through apple lossless is god-tier.

Maybe there are more audiophile systems, some that sound better in a lab, but as a snobfisticated listener, I have heard nothing I love more than a pair of Devialet.

The kicker is: They sound good on low volume while other speakers need volume to unleash a sound at all.

So if you ever went to a store listened to the most expensive, best and most sophisticated audiophile system and still did not like it that much, if you listened to the cleanest recording of the best artist and did not enjoy it, go for two Devialet pump in some high-quality mainstream music and you will never regret it.

dmbent91

Jun 14, 2021
Visit site
This is 100% true. I have built recording studios and listen to a stereo pair of the flagship Phantoms in a treated room. Compared to main monitor systems and high end consumer stereos, I will always come back to the Phantoms. They are in their own league in certain categories and competitive in all the others. I can't nitpick a speaker that digs up audio in the lowest octaves that other speakers aren't even capable of reproducing at all. That is musical information that the Phantoms simply own all to themselves and it matters a lot. So called "audiophile" bass is a justification. We all loved massive bass and we know it.

Wow, two new members from Devialet have arrived to big up one of the worst speakers it’s been my misfortune to ever clap ears on. Pray, new members, what system do you have at home, and what is your interest in Devialet?

I was a big fan of Devialet amplifiers but this Phantom stuff has turned me off them in a big way.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021
Visit site
Wow, two new members from Devialet have arrived to big up one of the worst speakers it’s been my misfortune to ever clap ears on. Pray, new members, what system do you have at home, and what is your interest in Devialet?

I was a big fan of Devialet amplifiers but this Phantom stuff has turned me off them in a big way.

That is so typically "Audiophile" - just because you have taken probably hours and hours to find the system that is the perfect match of your budget and YOUR taste you think it has to be perfect for anyone

because it is either

A - cheaper and has better sound than a pair of overpriced mainstream speakers
B - is equally priced and much superior to a pair of overhyped mainstream speakers
C - is much more expensive than the only thing anyone who ever wants to spend money should ever consider

all obviously in your opinion as all that I stated was in my opinion.

I am no fanboy, I am just telling my journey to what my personal choice for the best sound is and why you should trust your ears and personal choice more than the opinion of others.

To take this one step further: Audiophile Systems are made for audiophile music. For me personally. I do not listed to any of these albums ever for example: 50 of the best hi-fi albums for audiophiles | What Hi-Fi? (whathifi.com) even if they make the perfect system shine.

So in the end is not only what you like, and what you enjoy most, but also what a system was made for and maybe a good explanation why not everyone has to be an audiophile to share a passion for music.

lovlid

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Ah, the ravings of someone trying to justify spending too much money on a device that isn’t really that good.
Just my opinion, but go on, say “Audiophile” again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts