Densen vs Roksan

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
I have a MK1 Roksan Caspian amp. I alsoowna Densen 420 CDP. Am thinking of changing the Roksan amp for a Densen integrated one . Do you think that this will be a worthwile upgrade? I have the Densen Gizmo, which isn't much use without the amp, as the volime control won't work the Roksan. Any toughts?

A

Anonymous

Densen amps aren't cheap so I'd suggest you need to be sure the sound suits you before buying one just for remote convenience. Can you demo, or were you thinking of buying second-hand and selling on if it didn't suit you?

The only Densen stuff I've heard are the older cd players (B400 - got one, B400+ and B400xs), but I've noticed from comments online that some opinion seems polarised across generations of Densen stuff, i.e. some people think the older amps (models were called something like D10, D20 etc) were preferable to the newer models; other think the opposite.

What I'm getting at (again) is that if people who like Densen vary in their view of the amps across generations, it's even more important to have a listen :)

Edit: I have a Gizmo too and also find it largely useless as the main thing I want to do is alter volume (my amp doesn't have a remote) so it's back to its core role of 'burglar whacker'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts