Denon dvd2500bt blu ray player with 1080i pioneer plasma screen

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

My dad just bought the denon dvd2500bt blu ray player and has a pioneer 1080i plasma sreen.

Do you have to set the denon to any settings to get the best picture from the pioneer?

It does do 1080i the denon blu ray player?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

does your plasma do 720p? That may be better than 1080i and im pretty sure the denon puts out 720p.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Do you think you could give us the model number for the Pioneer screen? I don't think Pioneer did a 1080i model - its HD ready sets had a resolution of 768p.

Anyway, the standard advice for HD Ready Pioneer screens is to send the full 1080p signal to the panel. The resultant image may not be QUITE as sharp as the latest Full HD TVs, but it will still be a big improvement over DVD and excel in every other way.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi The pioneer is plasma 4208 model it's 42 inches in size and its the one after the first generation which was the 7 so its the 8 generation model and its 42 iches I can't remember the exact code.

Does that help?

D

Deleted member 2457

Anyone else got a denon and know what to do when setting it up for the first time

Any advice would be grate

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
If its an 8G Kuro, I guess it's the PDP-4280 like mine. If you do a Google search, you will find links to other forums where there is loads of information regarding the best settings for blu-ray with this TV. Once you've adjusted everything to the 'best' picture - as close to the D65 standard as you can - the advice is to send a 'Full Monty' 1080p signal to the panel and just alter the Pure Cinema setting from STANDARD to ADVANCE. In my experience, this produces a slightly smoother image.

Despite the TV being 768p, HD-Ready, I guarantee you will be bowled away by the picture (I only have a Sony BDP-S350). Something like 'Batman Begins' really shows up the Kuro's strengths.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi yes that's the model, great advice, thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts