Denon DVD-1940 1080i / P problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm having a few problems with my Denon DVD-1940 player.

I have a Samsung LE40N87BDX LCD telly, which should be able to handle 1080i or 1080P signals.

For some reason the picture shakes violently whenever the DVD player it is set to 1080i or 1080P mode. It works perfectly however if set to 720P mode or less.

Another odd quirk is that if I change the TV type on the DVD player from 'Multi' to 'NTSC', the picture is stable in 1080i and 1080P mode and plays back NTSC discs okay.

I am curious to know whether it is:

a.) A problem with the telly (which is unlikely as when I bring up the settings menu for the TV, this does not seem to shake along with the DVD picture).

b.) A problem with the HDMI cable (the instructions for the telly say that lower versioned HDMI cables may cause annoying flickers, which could be the case here).

c.) A problem is with the DVD player itself.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Jim

A

Anonymous

I got exactly the same problem with a 'cheapo' hdmi cable between my Tosh EP35 and TV - as soon as I tried a QED HDMI cable (about £50) the problem went away... most decent shops would let you buy a cable - and return it if it did not fix the problem I would say.

Good Luck

A

Anonymous

[quote user="smeg4brains"]
I'm having a few problems with my Denon DVD-1940 player.

I have a Samsung LE40N87BDX LCD telly, which should be able to handle 1080i or 1080P signals.

For some reason the picture shakes violently whenever the DVD player it is set to 1080i or 1080P mode. It works perfectly however if set to 720P mode or less.

Another odd quirk is that if I change the TV type on the DVD player from 'Multi' to 'NTSC', the picture is stable in 1080i and 1080P mode and plays back NTSC discs okay.

I am curious to know whether it is:

a.) A problem with the telly (which is unlikely as when I bring up the settings menu for the TV, this does not seem to shake along with the DVD picture).

b.) A problem with the HDMI cable (the instructions for the telly say that lower versioned HDMI cables may cause annoying flickers, which could be the case here).

c.) A problem is with the DVD player itself.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Jim

[/quote]

I had exactly the same issue, I rang Denon and they said to me to do exactly what you've done, set to NTSC in this situation and the issue should be resolved.

TRENDING THREADS