Denon DM37DAB and speaker packages??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i've been reading most of the existing posts about which speakers should go with this All in one system and most seem to recommend ditching the Denon ones in favour of either something like the Tannoy F1 Custom or the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's

Looking at the specs (for me at least) doesn't really mean much but i've noticed that the Tannoy's have an 8 Ohm rating and the Diamond's are 6 ohm. With the Denon DM37DAB being 6 ohm too. Seeing as both these speakers are similarly matched my question is would it be better to got teh Diamond as they more closely match the DM37 impedence rating or will it not make that much difference?

If it makes any difference I mainly listen to Dance music so a good bass response is important to me.

The cost difference is irrevelant as i'd rather spend a little extra and get a better system than save money. Thanks in advance to anyone that take the time to reply
emotion-21.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Don't get too hung up on the Ohm issue - the Tannoys sing on the end of the Denon.

The Wharfdales are great, but a touch on the polite side - with the sort of music you enjoy, i'd suggest something livelier like the Monitior Audios or the Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i might suit better.

A

Anonymous

Thanks of the replys. I'm trying to get a test of some speakers at my local shop and i'll ask them to hook up a pair of these too. Will post xmas sales be likely to herald a better deal than buying now??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Speaker prices don't tend to fluctuate much, but you might get the odd tenner knocked off (but then if you haggle right now you might get a deal, too - maybe free speaker cable if not a discount)

A

Anonymous

Claire - I've just been looking on the Monitor Audio site and I'm not sure if you meant the BR1 or BR2's???

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Id agree with Clare and aim for the M/A BR2's if you can.

The BR1's are great little speakers but the difference between them and the BR2's is fairly significant IMO.

Have you considered going down the 2nd hand route? B&W 601 S2's and the B&W 602 S3's are very good speakers and would suit your tatse of music down to a tee!

Are you looking to put the speakers on to stands at all?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts