admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is this the current best all in one system? That is before comparing with the just released Onkyo 525?

If I wanted to pair up a pair of B&Ws 685s or 686s with an "all in one" system, would the Arcam Solo be the only viable choice or is there something better out there? How would this compare to the Denon?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi there

We've just received the new Onkyo 525 in our test rooms and will be putting it head-to-head against the Denon D-M37 in our October issue, on sale towards the end of August. We haven't yet done a direct comparison between the two - that'll happen in the next few weeks and we'll publish the results in the magazine.

The Arcam Solo is of course considerably more expensive than the Denon (assuming you mean the full-size model, not the Mini) so yes, it delivers better performance than the Denon, as you'd expect for the price.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
seakingadvice:Is this the current best all in one system? That is before comparing with the just released Onkyo 525?

If I wanted to pair up a pair of B&Ws 685s or 686s with an "all in one" system, would the Arcam Solo be the only viable choice or is there something better out there? How would this compare to the Denon?

The Solo Mini will pair OK with the B&W 685s, too - though the bigger Solo will drive them better, obviously....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I was referring to the Arcam Solo Mini and not the full sized version. Would the Arcam Solo Mini be a good match for the B&W 685s or 686s? Is this the only viable "all in one" system available in the market? And would the price premium justify the performance over the Denon?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Given the high price of the Arcam Solo Mini, would a combination of the Budget Marantz 6002 Amp + CD Player and a Denon Tuner provide better sound quality when paired up with the B&W 685s?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts