Daniel_son0

Jul 23, 2024
Visit site
Evening,

Might be digging up the past a little here however I couldn’t see any previous posts on a similar matter.

In light of ordering a WiiM Ultra I wanted a similarly sized CD player to go with (pre-existing CD collection) and such came across the Denon DCD-50 and DCD-100 which look awfully similar in design.

Got a good deal on a DCD-100.
Has anyone been fortunate to have one of these and had to replace the remote with a universal one?
Not fussed with one that controls an amp etc just a small one that utilises the functions of the CD player only.

OEM remotes for this item are expensive and hard to come by, curious if anyone can shed some light via previous experience etc.

Best regards,
Dan

You could try this place:

Can't see that exact model listed but there are CDP remotes shown, and most manufacturers choose their codeset and stick with it. You can use the livechat or email functions and ask for a definite match, which they will then guarantee.

I ordered one to teach my learning remote some MF codes and it worked perfectly.

Did their live chat for you and this was the (immediate) reply:

For your device we would recommend remote control replacement - General DVD. We personally program this remote control with special software.This remote control shall have the same functions as the original one with just slightly different design. You may order this remote control from the link below.Once placing the order, please make sure you left a note saying which device you want the remote control to be programmed for.https://www.remote-control-world.eu...grammed-for-dvd-audio-or-home-theatre-p-13632

Just so we are clear, I have no involvement with this company.

Reactions: nopiano and DougK1

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
I wonder if one of these would work with yours:

Daniel_son0

Jul 23, 2024
Visit site
I wonder if one of these would work with yours:

Will look into this one also! Thank you 🙂

The cd player in question arrived today and I am a little concerned about the noises coming from it, I hope someone has the same unit to refer against 😕

How do I attach videos in these forums?

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Will look into this one also! Thank you 🙂

The cd player in question arrived today and I am a little concerned about the noises coming from it, I hope someone has the same unit to refer against 😕

How do I attach videos in these forums?
Noises are never good, regardless: maybe not such a good deal after all and better to keep shopping patiently.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Did you manage to grab a view of the video I finally managed to link in? 🙂
I have now. Had you heard any other of these units? It is noisy, especially that thump on entry -much noisier than any player I've had, but two qualifications: 1. Someone familiar with these Denon (or type of?) units should judge it's sound -which is what you sought; and 2. I've also never had a slot-loading player (other than in my car, and that is smoother and quieter and is a 6-loader), and this sound may be more common among these units. Plus, I don't even know what the slot-loading mechanism is to guess what may be the issue and what kind of service might be required and possible. Even my little desktop player is a tray system. I might guess with tray systems, but I'd be shooting in the dark here.

It does look nice. ;)

Daniel_son0

Jul 23, 2024
Visit site
I have now. Had you heard any other of these units? It is noisy, especially that thump on entry -much noisier than any player I've had, but two qualifications: 1. Someone familiar with these Denon (or type of?) units should judge it's sound -which is what you sought; and 2. I've also never had a slot-loading player (other than in my car, and that is smoother and quieter and is a 6-loader), and this sound may be more common among these units. Plus, I don't even know what the slot-loading mechanism is to guess what may be the issue and what kind of service might be required and possible. Even my little desktop player is a tray system. I might guess with tray systems, but I'd be shooting in the dark here.

It does look nice. ;)
Agree with all of the above!

Wonder how best to try and approach wider audience to see if we can obtain a reference for the sound against another unit..? 😕

Very slick looking unit you’re right 🙂

Bit of an odd response, I do massively value your feedback and have only just seen the email telling me there’s been responses.
We do have a lot of people who come along, ask a question, get answers (sometimes involving quite some thought) and get absolutely nothing in the way of thanks and acknowledgment. Apologies for jumping the gun.

(In fairness, your profile did indicate that you'd been back after my first two posts - hence me assuming you'd seen them.)

Daniel_son0

Jul 23, 2024
Visit site

It does look nice. ;)
The DCD-100 went back as faulty, luckily picked up a DCD-50 which checks out fine! Even had a remote 😂

Almost made perfectly for each other, just many years apart.

Reactions: Rodolfo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts