Denon D-M37 DAB, but what speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm gonna purchase the above system from Richer Sounds for the bargain price of £175. Don't know what speakers to go for though? Any advice would be grand, nothing too pricey, ( there's a credit crunch ) around £150 is what I've got to spend.

Thanks for your time, all the best.

Rozza.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm new to all this so I cannot recommend from personal listening experience.

However, when I was thinking of buying the Denon DM37DAB I was advised to check out the Tannoy F1 Custom's, Mordaunt Short 902i's and the MA BR1'S (or MA BR2's if you can stretch to it).

Hope this helps
emotion-1.gif

Rachel

A

Anonymous

The Mission M72's can be picked up very cheaply on ebay and will give plenty of bass, punch attack and clarity, more so than the Tannoy's but not as musically balanced as the BR2's.

My list from the ones mentioned in preference would go

BR2's

Mission M72

BR1

Tannoy F1

Mordaunt Short's I haven't heard

However the mere fact that you can pick up the M72's for around 60.00 makes them an absolute bargain.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll plum for the Tannoys, not too pricey and great reviews all round.

Many thanks,

Rozza.

A

Anonymous

Yes, go for the Tannoys. It will match your system perfectly. Don't forget decent interconnects and speaker cables.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yeah; id agree and deffo go with the Tanny speakers; my brother has them with his Fatman iTube and theyre superb; plenty of bass for their size. Fast and rhytmical too :)

Also; its a minisystem so interconnects wont be needed (if im wrong correct me) but decent speaker cable will make a difference.

Id aim for the Chord Carnival Silverscreen; its superb cable and really opens up the soundstage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts