Denon CEOL Piccolo+speakers v.s. active bluetooth speakers

Stephy234

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Currently I just own a pair of Teufel Concept B20 desktop speakers which I use with my mac. I am looking for a better music/hifi system that allows me to do the following:

-Use together with my mac to play music

-Stream music from iPhone as well as Android phones in high quality

-Use together with my tv/blu-ray player/set-top box to improve sound of built-in tv speakers

I am currently considering the following options:

-A Denon CEOL Piccolo (DRA-N5) micro system (€245) together with a pair of speakers like the Q-acoustics 2010i's (€200/pair)

-A pair of active bluetooth speakers, more specifically the Philips Fidelio E2 (which is actually available in the netherlands for €300)

Considering the difference in price I was wondering what the difference in sound quality would be between these 2 kind of systems? The Fidelio E2's can apparently decode Dolby Digital and have HDMI ARC and digital optical inputs. What exactly does this mean for the sound quality when used to watch movies and play games compared to active bluetooth speakers like the Q Acoustics BT3 (€450...) or Ruark Audio MR 1's (€400) that do not have this, and also compared to the first option?

I do like the added functionality of the Denon like internet radio, streaming music over wifi/airplay etc. but am trying to find out whether the extra €150 would be worth it for me. Any thoughts or other options I should consider?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Stephy234 said:

i had the denon "new" ceol rcd-n8 system with the bundled speakers and it was very good. bought some dali zensor 3's and it was even better, good bass good quality and had some decent power in them 65w per channel. i would reccomend rcd-n7 or rcd-n8 (newer has cd player too) can get one for good price i just sold one with speakers for £175 which is a bargain as i paid £275 :(

TRENDING THREADS