Denon Blu Ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have spent some time looking for a new player and decided on the Denon BDP1611. Given the problems before Christmas it seemed the chip supply had been resolved and players were now available. Tried to order today and although I could get hold of one I was advised by my friendly supplier that the Denon rep had just been in to say that no more orders were to be taken as the 1611, like its big brother, was being replaced with the 1612.

Can't say any of this fills me with confidence but my main concern is: what extra am I going to get in the new 1612 and what will it cost me ?

Unfortunately, the salesman at this time didn't know but as soon as Denon told him he would be in touch.

Anyone out there able to advise if it is worth the wait for the 1612 and what the likely cost is as I am still able to get the 1611 from existing stock?

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I think some one posted about this recently try a search. I'm sure it read that the 1612 came with 3D and did not need a update. Maybe some one else can post the link.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for the guess work. My dealer has got back to me with the following clarification:

Upon speaking to Denon Today they have confirmed that the Denon DBP1611 will be staying on the market until the end of August 2011 the Replacement will be the DBP1612 which they have no details on at present either pricing or Spec's.

Hope this helps anyone interested in this player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts