Denon AVR-X4100 Speaker Config

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

A very specific question, I'm afraid: is there a way with the above receiver that I can configure it to only output on the Front L+R and Surround Back L+R channels when I select Multi Channel Stereo, ignoring the Centre and the Surround L+R channels?

The setup I have is Tannoy DC6Tse Front, MA Bronze Centre, MA Bronze FX Surround, MA Bronze BX2 Rear Surround so you can see that by doing this I would put the music through the full range "music" speakers (Tannoys and BX2s), leaving the sealed cabinet cinema speakers (Centre and FXs) for movie nights.

Thanks.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
splasher said:
Hi all,

A very specific question, I'm afraid: is there a way with the above receiver that I can configure it to only output on the Front L+R and Surround Back L+R channels when I select Multi Channel Stereo, ignoring the Centre and the Surround L+R channels?

The setup I have is Tannoy DC6Tse Front, MA Bronze Centre, MA Bronze FX Surround, MA Bronze BX2 Rear Surround so you can see that by doing this I would put the music through the full range "music" speakers (Tannoys and BX2s), leaving the sealed cabinet cinema speakers (Centre and FXs) for movie nights.

Thanks.

i have the same reciever as and to my knowledge, unless you go into settings and tell the reciever there is no centre, then this can't be achieved through the sound modes. You can only select stereo or surround sound. Three are different sound modes such as mono, concert etc but nothing to my knowledge that excludes the centre and only if you select stereo..

to be honest I don't know of any other receivers that would allow this and I've had pioneer and other Denon receivers in the past. Although, I wouldn't require this personally and I just switch to stereo with the sub for music.

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Shame, it's a rectangular room so speakers at either end fills it better than just one end but the FX sides and Centre speakers are sealed units and don't sound as good with music as the Tannoys and the BX2s.

i did wonder about somehow putting the BX2s onto a second zone and playing both the main and second zone, both in stereo, at the same time but I'm not sure I could do that and have the BX2s as by rear surrounds in 7.1 without wiring changes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts