Denon AVR 1910?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If I have £500 to spend on a receiver, is there any point in me considering anything other than the Denon 1910?

The Sony 2400ES gets some positive reviews elsewhere but has it been surpassed by the 1910?

A

Anonymous

I have very little to pair with it at the moment. I'm wanting to kit myself out around Christmas sometime.

TV-wise I'm looking for a 37" and the shortlist includes Panasonic P37X10, Panasonic L37S10, Sony W5500, and maybe one of the Philips. I have a PS3, Sky which may go to Sky HD (or if I go for the more expensive Panasonics I may get one with freesat) and speaker-wise I'm guessing I'll be getting the Q accoustics 1010's of the new 2000's.

Again, any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the Yamaha tip. I see there's a good review so I'll compare the spec vs the Denon.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

just bought the denon 1910 (upgraded my old 1906) and paired it with sony bdp 760 (£680 from hi spek) awesome sound and for the money i don't think you could get better. theres always something else on the horizon but with the the 1910 you are getting a great sounding amp. the 760 picture is amazing also. hope this helps

GW93

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
brettweir:just bought the denon 1910 (upgraded my old 1906) and paired it with sony bdp 760 (£680 from hi spek) awesome sound and for the money i don't think you could get better. theres always something else on the horizon but with the the 1910 you are getting a great sounding amp. the 760 picture is amazing also. hope this helps

I did likewise 2 weeks ago but, from a different shop. They're both fantastic and I've not even had the time yet to sit and fiddle witht the settings. I also got sky upgraded to HD. The footy is awsome on HD with surround sound!

A

Anonymous

It's almost easier to ask what a reciver can't do that what it can do, so here I go......Does the 1910 lack anything critical that I might want for getting the most out of a full HD set up? (Bearing in mind that I'd like my kit to last me for a good few years, whilst appreciating that the industry moves very quickly)

I'm still learning the terminology so is there anything missing in terms of key in and out connections, upscaling audio and visual, or anything else for that matter.

A

Anonymous

Please forgive my ignorance..... but what might I need a preout for?

Thank you

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
say if you have a good pair of front speakears and you want to use them also with another stereo amplifier...preouts would coonect to that stereo amplifier...and the stereo amplifier would have the front speakers connected to it.so no front speakers connected dirrectly to the av amp

A

Anonymous

if your buying a separate amp for hi fi then you will probably be buying a seperate cd player so you won't want to connect to your amp via 2 good speakers anyway due to your budget. your player will play music through your front speakers anyway to a decent music level. take the plunge dude and don't get swamped down by one thing or another or u will end up back to where you started which is nowhere. the 1910 is fantastic and if paired with say the 760 u will be the envy of your mates

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I also recall the Denon 1910 doesn't illustrate the sound format on the digital display - so you can't say for certain whether it's outputting DD or TrueHD. Don't know this for certain, but I recall someone posting that this was the case. The predecessor (1909) does, and the 2310 does, so strage that they removed this feature.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
ear:only thing i find it missing is the preouts...but it has pre in.next up is the 2310 that has both

Yes, I had to instantly discount it 'cos of that - bought the Yamaha1065 instead and very pleased so far...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts