Denon AVC-X3700H

sos

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Against: surely cheaping out and only having a single HDMI 2.1 port is a big negative?

Means you get to choose if you plug in your PC, PS5 or Xbox X if you want all the good gaming features that HDMI 2.1 brings. Bizarre choice by Denon (and Marantz) to only include a single 2.1 input in their 2020 models.

Linocajo

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
Against: surely cheaping out and only having a single HDMI 2.1 port is a big negative?

Means you get to choose if you plug in your PC, PS5 or Xbox X if you want all the good gaming features that HDMI 2.1 brings. Bizarre choice by Denon (and Marantz) to only include a single 2.1 input in their 2020 models.
It's a very annoying and cheap choice from Denon.
I'm very disappointed.
I will buy both the XBOX X and ps5 and I cannot plug them on the TV.
Swapping the Hdmi cable is not easy for me, the AVR is stuck in a cabinet.
I will have to give up on Denon for the first time in 15 years and wait for another manufacturer to propose 2 or 3 2.1 HDMI inputs.

pras

Sep 26, 2020
Visit site
A pet peeve - £999 is AUD 1800 - where does $2,699 come from?!
I hear ya buddy!

I’ve noticed a few people over on Oz forums importing directly from Europe themselves so that could be an option. They have been buying at retail in Europe (excl VAT) and landing for around AUD1850.

Certainly hope prices in Oz start dropping and become more reasonable soon.

Last edited:

Peter Bailey

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
As a home cinema amplifier that could last you a decade, the AVC-X3700H represents serious value.

Denon AVC-X3700H : Read more
An interesting review.
Verdict:
  • Wonderfully clear and detailed
  • Dynamic and engaging
We would also suggest finding a dedicated stereo amp for your music playback.

That suggests the pre/pro component is highly regarded.

I have monoblocks for all channels and I am looking to update my Denon AVR-X4300H, which is used as 5.2.4.

Any better Hi-Fi options around this price range?

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
Against -
  • Nothing at this price
How? This is 1 grand with only 1 HDMI 2.1 port, that is massive negative for an AV-Receiver that is pitched as a HDMI 2.1 and 8K capable, I already 3 HDMI 2.1 devices!, a 3080 GPU, PS5, and Xbox series X, come on What Hi-Fi, hold these manufacturers to account, don't give them a free pass like this.

Last edited:

abacus

HDMI 2.1 is not ready, if you look at all the receivers that have it, they are all having problems with some resolutions and frame rates (It’s a fault on the Panasonic 2.1 chip that is used in all manufactures products) with no time frame of when (Or if) a fix will arrive.

Wait for next year’s models before focussing on 2.1 (A properly working version) as hopefully the problems will have been fixed. (You can connect direct to the TV and use eARC to connect to your receiver as it passes all the codecs available)

Bill

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
HDMI 2.1 is not ready, if you look at all the receivers that have it, they are all having problems with some resolutions and frame rates (It’s a fault on the Panasonic 2.1 chip that is used in all manufactures products) with no time frame of when (Or if) a fix will arrive.

Wait for next year’s models before focussing on 2.1 (A properly working version) as hopefully the problems will have been fixed. (You can connect direct to the TV and use eARC to connect to your receiver as it passes all the codecs available)

Bill

Which is fine advice, and only further proves that What Hi-Fi shouldn't of given this AMP a free pass, especially as I said with only one HDMI 2.1 socket!, that is a massive negative, there is no investigative journalism on here anymore, connecting your devices to e-ARC which I do currently makes this amp completely redundant tbh.

mulderfox

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site

Venue

Mar 8, 2021
Visit site
Quote from the review:

The energy of the performance is immediately striking. There’s greater muscle than before, but it is also even more lithe and better defined. It’s a combination of solid dynamic expression, which enthuses each vocal line as much as differentiating one gunshot from another, a sharper punch and greater clarity that allows you to get deeper inside the soundtrack and become more immersed.

Is this really true?
I mean, did you perform an A/B comparison with the 3600 during the review, exact same settings?
By 'than before' you literally mean the 3600, right?

Would you then say the 3600 has lesser muscle, less lithe, and worse defined?
The 3600 does then not differentiate between vocals and gunshots as good?
A more dull punch?
Worse clarity?

By 'more immsersed' which speaker configuration do you mean, which configuration did you use?
Did you use the same speaker configuration with the 3600 as with the 3700?

Thank you!

WTD

May 8, 2021
Visit site
A pet peeve - £999 is AUD 1800 - where does $2,699 come from?!
+1

But its worse than you think. Remember all UK pricing has 20% VAT applied.

1. You have to divide the UK price by 1.2 to get the pre tax price, this makes the £999 become £834.

2.Then convert using current exchange. 834GBP becomes 1488AUD (rounded)

3. Add 10% gst to 1488 AUD and the price becomes $1637 (rounded)

At $2699 AUD someone is pocketing an extra $1000 above built in profit. This makes low tier products become mid tier AU products. #ban_the_middleman

Last edited:

Gap•Dragom

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

The new HDMI section is perhaps most important in terms of future proofing; one of the AVC-X3700H’s seven inputs and two of its three outputs are full HDMI 2.1

Camaxide

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

They do sell a hub which lets you go from 1 to 3 HDMI 2.1 inputs - so if it is important you can get it for a little extra, but those who don't need it will not have to pay the premium - not all too bad of a way to do it, even if some prefer more than 1 HDMI 2.1 in

TRENDING THREADS