Denon AUDESSEY settings

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
keep messing about with audessey settings on my denon reciever , does anyone have any tips on this mainly for music settings , listening in STEREO mode but lacking depth as its stereo, the subs not active want a bit more from it , using Q acoustics 200i speakers.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
If you're planning on using it in stereo, make sure front speakers are set to large and when listening to music, try using PURE DIRECT to clean up the sound.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Some thing that have worked for me:

Speaker settings - Audissey autocallibration set up my fronts at 40 hz. I moved them to 60hz to give more weigth to the sub which is better prepared to handle low frequencies you may even try at 80hz (THX standard) if your speaker are smaller.

Sound program - I always use "STEREO" for music.

Audissey mode - You can set this as music,movies or OFF. In my case I have this a "music" for all my music sources because I find that the equalization is warmer than the one for "movies".

Dynamic EQ = On.

Dynamic volume = Off.

Audissey refence level offset (under home settings) - For music source I have this = 5. The setting by default is = 0 which matches the way movies are mixed/recorded. For music, the manual recommends to use 5, 10 or even 15 in case of pop/rock music but, in my case that reduces the bass output too much so I have selected 5 and works pretty well with all my music sources.

You may also want to try with tone controls. In my case I have bass=+4 and Treble=+4.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts