Denon 3310 or Pioneer LX81?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have been given the go ahead to set-up home cinema! After missing the boat on the Yamaha 1900 as stocks seem to have dissapeared and I want to listen before I buy, I am looking into the above two amps. Getting a demo of the Denon is proving to be hard work because of stock issues. So I will be getting a demo before I buy but any insight you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Please note I will not be looking at the Pioneer lx82 as that is out of my price range. I will also be investigating the new monitor audio RX silver range to partner although any suggestions greatfully received.

Cheers

P

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Our Denon AVR-3310 review will appear in the next issue (in shops by next Wednesday, 16th; with subscribers even sooner), along with exclusive First Test review of the Monitor Audio Silver RX6 speakers

A

Anonymous

Clare thanks for the prompt response. I have just recently subscribed and am looking forward to the magazine dropping through my door for the first time this month.

Any chance of a hint on the question of pick up an LX81 or wait for the Denon? Otherwise I am just going to have to will my postman to deliver the magazine early.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, no-can-do on hints - guess you better work on that willpower! You should only have until Monday to wait for the mag to arrive - and there should be an extra little gift in there for you, too (more to follow shortly on that...)

A

Anonymous

Nooooo! Monday. I have time available this weekend so will go and get some demos done if I can find the right kit locally. Be interesting to see if my findings align with the What Hifi team. I also think that a lot is down to personal taste too regarding the sound that people prefer, but I will be using reviews as a shortlisting method.

If anyone else has experience of these amplifiers ahead of Monday please feel free to add to the thread.

A

Anonymous

Free gift? Is it a pioneer lx81? That would solve a few problems.
emotion-2.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Damn, you've spoiled the surprise - and explained why your postman may be a little late with the issue (and have trouble fitting it through your letterbox)
emotion-4.gif

Only kidding, sadly. Though the gift is something that should help with your home cinema experience.....

Enjoy your auditioning - always the best way, as you say, to come to the final decision.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts