Denon 2310

A

Anonymous

Pistol Pete1:Is £699 a bargain price?

I would say a definite yes. Where was that from?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Creative audio in Shropshire, but don't forget denon's policy of 'no mail orders'......it's a case of visiting the shop.

And while I think about it, they were out of stock last week (popped in), and about to embark on a re-fit of the shop.

Email them, or give them a call...they are very helpful...

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
The Yamaha seems to be available at £509 from various sources on line - given it as only just been reviewed, and at a price estimated at£700, does this make it a 6 star product?

Personally, still tempted by the Denon as dialogue clarity is a prime consideration in our household.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
When I demo'd the denon 2310, the shop had the Yamaha 1065.

The salesman had both in stock and at the same price, but suggested the denon was that much better than the yamaha.........

Needless to say, I didn't bother auditioning it (the Denon looks nicer too - according to the wife!!) and took home the Denon........

Judging by the review online today, it is close, but it looks like I took the right one home.....clear dialogue is a 'must' in my opinion!!!!!

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
ive heard lots of yamahas on show..dont like their sound one bit...even with decent speakers they sound reedy to me

I think too much emphasis is being put on the 'dialogue' bit, conveniently forgetting that this receiver has got full 5 stars in review. The dialogue problem will be very small, & probably not even noticeable to most people. The best way is to audition both Denon & Yamaha. There are people who love the Yamaha (like me) & people who hate them (like ear), but this opinion should be formed after auditioning the receivers in a proper environment, not on a show which is not a true representation of your home environment.

I loved the Yamaha over Denon & Onkyo, & absolutely hated the Pioneer.

A

Anonymous

For me, the Denon edges out the Yamaha. But I agree with bigboss, audition both first.

A

Anonymous

1st of all I want to thank everybody for their input.

To put you all in the picture I am slowly upgrading my 'virgin' surround sound system which you can see in my signature. I think I will stick with the Denon, because I am used to it and probably more importantly, the wife knows how to use it! Also, she like's it aesthetically (I know, I know!).

Also, updating the system, do people think that I should update my speakers to get the full quality of the amp or do you think they can cope. Any other aspects of my system you feel should be upgraded to show off the 2310's capabilities will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

A

Anonymous

bigboss:

I loved the Yamaha over Denon & Onkyo, & absolutely hated the Pioneer.

Hi bigboss.

What was it you hated about the Pioneer, and which model was it ?

I auditioned the Pioneer SC-LX71 & SC-LX81 receivers. They were too bright for my taste, almost 'screechy' (Pioneers are renowned to be bright receivers). Perhaps they may sound better with bigger speakers, but sounded absolutely rubbish with my speakers (Monitor Audio Radius HD).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts