Definitely decided on a phono amp now at long last

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm going for a Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Communicator to pair with my Pro-Ject Debut III TT, when I get it from my dad with all his old records.

I'm also going to get a Chord Cobra 3 0.5m interconnect to go with this, and in time get a new power lead for the amp.

And then get a new cartridge for the Pro-Ject at some point too, but not yet.

Anyone got any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:Chord Cobra 3 0.5m interconnect
If you don't mind me injecting an opinion, forget the Cobra. I have the Cobra 2 and found it to be lacking when I did some comparative testing. Go for a Chord Chameleon instead. If that's too pricey then look at an Atlas Equator or Chord Crimson instead.

A

Anonymous

I prefer the Crimson over the Cobra 2 (I have the Cobra 2 on the TV and Crimson on DVD). Try the Atlas instead, I'm sure it's better.

I had an i/c comparison session with a friend some time ago. We found that the Cobra 2 was sucking the life out of my (then) Kandy CDP. We stuck it on his Apollo and it did much the same. It's all a bit subjective and the vsn 3 might be better.

The Crimson is a good basic cable. Whenever I put a Chord Chameleon in place of anything else I have, I find it to be more open with much better bass. It really is a very good cable indeed. Just go for 0.5m one of these
emotion-2.gif

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Nice one Joel. Graham Slee make great gear so good choice there.

Get the Atlas, making sure it`s the updated version. With high end Arcam gear such as yours you`ll want to give the Debut every chance possible to shine because to your ears anything less than what you currently listen to may seem disappointing. Also if you upgrade your TT in the future the Atlas should still be in a job.

Hope you enjoy it.

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
debut iii phono lead is built in to the deck, you can't replace it. bear in mind the grounding connection too.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Joel why did you decide on the Graham Slee? Have you heard one on demo?

I'm interested as I need to buy a phono amp soon and would like to know what influenced your decision.
Thanks

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Che1:debut iii phono lead is built in to the deck, you can't replace it.ÿ bear in mind the grounding connection too.
Yes but I need one from the phono amp to my amp.

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Lost Angeles:
Joel why did you decide on the Graham Slee? Have you heard one on demo?

I'm interested as I need to buy a phono amp soon and would like to know what influenced your decision.
Thanks

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

Just the reports. I don't have the time to demo one although if I didn't have a missus I would.

Also the size, the cost, the fact it will stand an upgrade of the TT, the reputation and just a gut feel that this is the one.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts