Dedicated streamer or

TheHarbourMaster

Oct 24, 2024
Visit site
Hello all.

I have a Roksan Kandy K2 and PMC GB1 floor standing speakers. Mainly play music with spotify through an old android tablet connected to amp through 3.5mm jack. Indeed - certainly not ideal!

So started looking at Cambridge Audio CXN100 as the upgrade, but have now gone down rabbit hole of thinking that maybe its time to replace the Roksan - never been a fan of its styling - with say Cambridge Audio EXA100 and saying goodbye to the Roksan.

Any thoughts on a separate streamer vs a modern amp with DAC? I only have the 1 room I need with sound and do like internet radio which I believe I would get with the CXN100 but not with the EZA100.

Any advice happily received!

Thanks.

Reactions: Revolutions

Gray

Any thoughts on a separate streamer vs a modern amp with DAC?
Depends whether you want a display or not, but a Wiim Pro Plus and a decent amp (with or without built-in DAC) makes more sense to me than any streaming amp.

I quite fancied what was the CXN when it first came out (9 years ago now) but always thought it was too expensive - so chose the Raspberry Pi option with the very good (and free) Volumio controlling it.
But I intend going down the Wiim Ultra route soon, if only for its display - which will come in handy to show what I'm listening to on radio streams....without looking at a poxy phone all the time.

EDIT: Juzzie beat me to it with the Pro Plus recommendation 👍

Revolutions

If you have the money, I’d absolutely look at an all in one solution. You’ll lose nothing & gain not having to buy 2 boxes.

Check out this thread for a few examples. Roksan have just announced the Caspian streaming amp (although it’s not cheap at £4k)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts