Dedicated BDP v PS3 slim

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know it's been covered before guys, but can anyone advise a newbie on picture quality from a dedicated players such as sony 370 or lg bd390 against ps3slim. I am drawn to the ps3's complete package but want that "wow" factor when watching movies. I might add my viewing is on a 37" lcd. Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Have just read strappedforcash post, thats my question answered.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Just to update, when I originally raved about the S370 I had only tested it by going through my Blu Ray collection, where it beat the PS3 hands down for picture and sound.

Today I've been through several DVDs and, to be honest, I was a little underwhelmed. I think the PS3 does a better job of upscaling DVDs than the 370, though it's not better in every respect. The picture via the 370 is more stable, while motion is also handled better, though this difference is marginal.

What's lacking with the 370 though is a vibrant picture with DVD playback. There's just a discernible lack of pop and contrast, and no amount of tweaking of settings on either the 370 or my TV produced a picture I was happy with. When I played the same discs using the PS3 the problem was immediately resolved.

So, in my opinion (and I've compared the two as exhaustively as I could throughout a Saturday afternoon), if you're only interested in Blu Ray playback the 370 is a surefire winner. If you also want it to substitute as a DVD player then it does a competent but certainly not a flawless job, and is outmatched by the PS3.

I personally did not find any discernible difference in blu-ray picture quality (1080/24p) between the PS3, Panasonic BD60 & Denon 2500BT.

You certainly will have the wow factor with the PS3. You can always add a blu-ray player when funds allow, if you're not happy with PS3's performance. Remember that PS3 is also a game machine and a wireless media streamer.

A

Anonymous

oddly enough ,i found my sony bdp-s363 to be slightly better at dvd upscaling than my ps3 , and couldnt see any difference between blu-rays at all , but then the sony s760 was said to be better than my 363 , and the s370 is said to be better than the s760 , and the denon 2500 is said to be better than all of them
emotion-1.gif

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
maxflinn:oddly enough ,i found my sony bdp-s363 to be slightly better at dvd upscaling than my ps3 , and couldnt see any difference between blu-rays at all , but then the sony s760 was said to be better than my 363 , and the s370 is said to be better than the s760 , and the denon 2500 is said to be better than all of them
emotion-1.gif

Yes, for blu-ray playback, the Denon would offer the best picture and sound quality. Oddly enough however, I found that the S-370 is better at upscaling DVD's than the Denon !!!

What does this prove? We all need our eyesight 'calibrated'
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:
maxflinn:oddly enough ,i found my sony bdp-s363 to be slightly better at dvd upscaling than my ps3 , and couldnt see any difference between blu-rays at all , but then the sony s760 was said to be better than my 363 , and the s370 is said to be better than the s760 , and the denon 2500 is said to be better than all of them
emotion-1.gif

Yes, for blu-ray playback, the Denon would offer the best picture and sound quality. Oddly enough however, I found that the S-370 is better at upscaling DVD's than the Denon !!!

What does this prove? We all need our eyesight 'calibrated'
emotion-15.gif

maybe we should all be eating more carrots
emotion-1.gif

hmmmm , a few shares in specsavers ? we could be quids in
emotion-11.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts