Decoding in player or in receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to know which one better - decoding in player or in receiver, for example I played the DTS HD MA Bluray with audio through HDMI sets to PCM I/O Auto (that caused my receiver detect the audio signal is Multi Channel In I/O DTS HD MA & the HD signal lamp turns off I/O on)

Is the sound/audio performance/quality is quite the same ?

Thank's for your help.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
Kinda depends on the player and the receiver in question...

Thanks Andrew

My BD player is Sony BDP S370 & Receiver is Denon AVR 1610.

A

Anonymous

Soundy said:
I read the reviews of Denon Receiver AVR 1910 in whathifi.com that said :

Don't go on an Audyssey.
This model uses Audyssey MultEQ to help set up your speakers, which allows the readings to be taken from up to six different seating positions.

We found, however, that the '1910 performed best with the Audyssey system turned off. We'd suggest you perform a manual set-up, or allow Audyssey to measure your speaker distances and levels and then turn the EQ off once the set-up procedure is complete.

Why ? Is the audio sounds unnatural or not real ?

Thank you

Hi Andrew,

What do you think about above topic sent by Soundy ?

Please give a comment.

Thanks alot

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Bobby said:
Hi Andrew,

Please give a comment.

Thanks alot

Bit of a sudden swerve off-topic there, Bobby, but I'd agree that manual set-up can often improve on the settings created by an automatic calibration setting.

And to the OP I'd expect there to be little in it between the Sony's onboard decoding and that in the Denon.

(By the way, I have a sneaking suspicion that 'Bobby' and 'Soundy' are, if not the same person, rather intimately connected, given that they have the same IP address.

If so, could one or both of you decide which identity you'd like to use...?)

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
Bobby said:
Hi Andrew,

Please give a comment.

Thanks alot

Bit of a sudden swerve off-topic there, Bobby, but I'd agree that manual set-up can often improve on the settings created by an automatic calibration setting.

And to the OP I'd expect there to be little in it between the Sony's onboard decoding and that in the Denon.

(By the way, I have a sneaking suspicion that 'Bobby' and 'Soundy' are, if not the same person, rather intimately connected, given that they have the same IP address.

If so, could one or both of you decide which identity you'd like to use...?)

Hi Andrew,

No, not a same person. I just read Soundy post while I open whathifi.com in a public internet facility.

I posted to you cause I knew you are from whathifi.

Thank's.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Wow, what are the chances of that. Presumably this public internet facility is a school and you share the same English teacher? Even the grammatical errors are identical.

TRENDING THREADS