admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I've done some research and auditioning and its come down to the following:

1. B&W MT 30 or

2. KEF 5005.2

3. Either of the above with the MJ Accoustics Ref 150 subwoofer

Auditioned the above combinations today and was really impressed with the MJ Accoustics Ref 150 - I only demoed this as the store recomended this sub and oppose to any other. But I can't really find any info on this. Can anybody tell me what they think of this sub (or any other similarly priced sub)and especially if used in combination with either of the above speakers?

Will probably run with a Denon 1910 or 2310

thanks for your help

A

Anonymous

I think you need to avoid this particular store and check out others that WILL provide you with wider options so you can decide based on what you hear and NOT what they say!

A

Anonymous

Hi Garland Greneho

To be honest, I asked them for suggestions and they gave them to me so I can't blame them.....

thanks anyway

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Garland Genoho:I think you need to avoid this particular store and check out others that WILL provide you with wider options so you can decide based on what you hear and NOT what they say!

That's partly what the dealer is there for, their expertise. You'll find many dealers will recommend a specific item over others if they feel it to be superior. People are very appreciative when they walk out with something better than they came in for, especially if it's for the same money or less.

Chewybackbear - it is worth trying at least one other product against what you've heard, at least then you have some sort of reference point. I would say the KHT5005.2 will probably come up trumps from your list, but it's for your ears to decide. Whichever you go for, get the best amp you can - these packages do sound better when driven with better amplification.

A

Anonymous

thanks David.

my quandry is whether the MJ Accoustics subwoofer is better than the ones that come with speakers as I have the option of swapping the sub or is their an alternative sub in the same price range which is good.

I was planning to go with the Denon amp (2310?) - are their better amps for similar money?

All views greatly appreciated

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The 2310 and the Yamaha RXV2065, which can be had for similar money, are about as good as you'll get for the money. Both are great amps and you'll be very happy with either - my personal bias is towards Yamaha.

I can't say I've heard the MJ Acoustics sub, but it looks decent value at around £600. The only one I'd pitch against it for home cinema use would be the MK KX12.

A

Anonymous

thanks alot. its of great

one last question. I read somewhere that the wireless speaker set up for the 5005.2 may stop me using a wireless computer to download things in the same room. Do you know if this is correct?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Have a look on Superfli web site only £799 for the Kefs comes with the Kef Kube2 and wireless kit. MJ sub is good but at £600, not sure i would go for that, there's lot cheaper ones and probably as good if not better, like Bk Monolith.If you choose the MT30's why not have the matching PV1 sub. Also Denon 2310 a big step up but i think the Yamaha is even better equal to the Denon 3310. You definetly need to demo more subs, to make sure you get the right one at a good price, my choice is with the Kefs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts