deciding on a cd player

rtg428

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I need help on wether to upgrade to a better cd player or stick with the one I have which is a Marantz CD 5003. My system includes a restored Marantz 2252B receiver...restored Marantz 6300 turntable...and Energy C-5 floorstanding speakers. I like my vintage gear. I read that you need a premium transport....up to 192khz DAC and beyond.....seperated regulated power supplies......cd-r and cd-rw compatibility...and with coaxial digital output. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a player if the sound difference is so minute that only a dog can hear the difference. With so many out there I don't know where to begin with Parasound....NAD...Cambridge Audio...Marantz...Oppo....Rega....and Vincent. Terry

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
rtg428 said:
I need help on wether to upgrade to a better cd player or stick with the one I have which is a Marantz CD 5003. My system includes a restored Marantz 2252B receiver...restored Marantz 6300 turntable...and Energy C-5 floorstanding speakers. I like my vintage gear. I read that you need a premium transport....up to 192khz DAC and beyond.....seperated regulated power supplies......cd-r and cd-rw compatibility...and with coaxial digital output. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a player if the sound difference is so minute that only a dog can hear the difference. With so many out there I don't know where to begin with Parasound....NAD...Cambridge Audio...Marantz...Oppo....Rega....and Vincent. Terry

Hi,

What's your max budget?

What sound are you looking for and is there something you don't like about your current system?

Mac

rtg428

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi...forgot about adding my budget.....would be about $1000......in my travels a couple people have mentioned a DAC....R.T.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts