Decent TV sound Required

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi
My TV only has one Digital optical Out socket – no other means of getting sound externally. What’s the best way to beef up the sound from my TV when I have a stereo with no optical in? (Arcam Solo Mini).
Also, is there any new/unique ways of getting your music to you stereo from an iPod Touch? (Like this: AudioEngine w2)
Thanks in advance
My Set up (well, its not set up!)

Samsung LED 7 Series UE40B7020
Arcam Solo Mini
B&W CM1 Speakers
PS3
iPod Touch

Thanks

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Chris thanks so much - I was begining to think I'd offended someone!

I was contemplating the DAC. Any recomendations? Do you think I need to go hi-price? I am only trying to up the TV sound (the samsungs pretty weedy.

Can I do something with my iPod with the DAC?

Cheers

Ps3? Oh no, thats optical out ... :(

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
never bought a DAC so don't know much about them. iPod (annoyingly) doesn't have digital out, so (unless you buy something called a Wadia iTransport, for £500) so a DAC is no use to that.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Personally, For better TV sound, don't spend a fortune. The Beresford DAC seems to be favourably reviewed without costing the earth.

I am surprised your telly doesn't have a pair of analogue outputs though. Are you 100% certain it hasn't?

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Trust me, I'm suprised (gutted) too. Unless I'm going mad: Samsung LED 7 Series UE40B7020

Theres copposit, AV IN ...

Here's the socket list, I tried with Scart but that is in fact a seperate source/channel.

AV IN [VIDEO] / [R-AUDIO-L]

COMPONENT IN

PC IN

PC/DVI AUDIO IN

HDMI IN 1(DVI), 2, 3, 4

PC/ DVI AUDIO IN

HDMI IN 1

USB1

DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL)

COMMON INTERFACE Slot

EX-LINK

LAN