daveh75 Question please re IO Link / Sky HD Box

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dave,

Like others I did not realise that Sky have removed the rf sockets from the back of the newer HD boxes. I am now in a bit of strife with the mother-in-law after convincing her (finally) to upgrade to an HD box.

Her old Sky + box piped Sky to another Sky box (a really old one!) in a study using my belated father-in-laws rf wiring loop. I cannot see exactly what he did but as far as I can see he used the rf out from old Sky + box into an amplifier that fed two feeds. One to the Sky box in the study and another to just a tv in the kitchen (which is no longer there).

I realise that I will probably need this IO adaptor but I am reading alot of negativity about the Sky one being pretty useless (only outputting 6v instead of 12v).

Can you tell me if their is another cheaper option than the Sky one and if the Sky one is the only option will it work ? I appreciate that you do not have all the facts as to where the wiring loop goes but any advice would be appreciated to get me out of this pickle !

If anyone else cares to comment then please feel free.

Cheers.

trj007

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Dave's not here.
smiley-wink.gif

daveh75

psurquhart said:
I realise that I will probably need this IO adaptor but I am reading alot of negativity about the Sky one being pretty useless (only outputting 6v instead of 12v).

Its not useless, and suspect the negativity comes from people not realising you can't use it to power RF dist. Amps/loftboxes, they need to be powered rather than taking it from RF feed.

Can you tell me if their is another cheaper option than the Sky one and if the Sky one is the only option will it work ? I appreciate that you do not have all the facts as to where the wiring loop goes but any advice would be appreciated to get me out of this pickle !

The IO link is the only option AFAIK, its Global Invacoms IP and presume nobody wants to pay the licensing (including Sky I suspect, and why it was moved ofboard) for what is a legacy feature, with increasingly small market

SatCure

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
In case it's of interest, I wrote about the Sky IO-Link back in October:

Link removed by Mods - House Rules Violation

Martin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts