Dali Zensor E-12F sub dead...help!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Just gone to power up my Dali Zensor E-12F sub to watch a movie and...nothing. No light to indicate it's powered on, no sound from it or any indication it's receiving power, I've changed the lead and used another power socket but still nothing. I know the other lead is fine and all the sockets have power so it has to be the sub so does anyone have any ideas what's happened or any solutions please??

I've looked after it and always powered it down as per the instructions and it was functioning fine yesterday and was powered down correctly but today I have nothing at all so I'm bemused as to what on earth has happened. I've sent my retailer an email but being Sunday I won't get a reply until tomorrow at the earliest so if anyone has any ideas as to what the issue is I would really appreciate your feedback, thank you :help:

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Probably isn’t this but I once had one of these which had rattled the spade connectors off the drive unit. Might not explain the lack of power light I am afraid but it’s worth checking if you can.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
themovierooms said:
Probably isn’t this but I once had one of these which had rattled the spade connectors off the drive unit. Might not explain the lack of power light I am afraid but it’s worth checking if you can.

I really don't think that's the issue and I'm reticent to open it up in all honesty, I was hoping it may be an issue known on the forum and that a quick fix was possible but tha lack of replies would indicate not.

I've contacted my retailer and I've arranged for it to be collected tomorrow via courier to get repaired, unfortunately I bear the cost which is considerable given the size and weight of the sub but at least the repair will be carried out by an official Dali dealer. Just hope it's not gone for too long :cry:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
f1only said:
I was under the impression that Dali gives a 5 year warranty on speakers, doesn’t that include subwoofers?

I got a 2 year guarantee when I bought the Zensor 5 package but didn't know anything about a 5 year guarantee from Dali...perhaps I should investigate further?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Sounds like the fuse.

If so it would be an internal fuse and it would indeed make some sense if that's what it is.

After speaking to Creative Audio (my retailer) yesterday I'm suitably impressed and reassured with their responce to my issue and they have ordered a new amplifier board for me even before the sub has been sent just in case that's the issue, I'm told that's the worst case senario but it's good to hear the part has been ordered anyway even if it doesn't turn out to be the issue.

My only gripe is having to pay nearly £40 to get it couriered to them but I knew this was the case when I ordered as I took the time to read the t&c's, it's just typical that the heaviest speaker would fail though.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
themovierooms said:
It’s a shame you had to pay to get it back. I tend to collect with a courier free of charge if under warranty and in its original packing.

That's very good of you as most dealers want you to pay carraige to get the item back to them that I have had experience of anyway, it's good to know not all insist on this. Good advertisment for you there ;)

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It will be 5 Years on passive speakers and 2 Years on active speakers from Dali. Some dealers may give you a 5YG on the sub as well but it would have to be overtly stated and probably on the receipt to qualify.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It shouldnt go faulty, so I dont see why you should be punished with a hefty courier cost on top of not having a subwoofer to use if it is under warranty. Maybe it's just me who thinks like that!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for all the info regarding guarantees on Dali speakers Daniel.

So my retailer offered the correct guarantee period which makes me feel better but after the issue with the sub I'm wondering if I can extend the guarantee because if I get any other issues then it's going to get pricey as I will have to pay the courier charge both ways after then plus the cost of repair...gulp :cry:

I totally agree with you and that it shouldn't go wrong or fail and it's the first speaker I have ever had a problem with in all my time since I got into home cinema and worst of all it's with the most expensive ones I've owned. I really didn't like paying the courier charge and you are right it seems very strange that I should have to pay when the sub is under guarantee, it's the first time I've ever had to pay a carraige charge for any electrical item I have had to return under guarantee.

I wish every retailer had the same opinion as you as it would make life far easier, kudos to you though as that's the attitude that gets you repeat custom.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
Hiya Oldboy ,

Looks like there is an external fuse under the power socket labelled "G" in the manual have you checked that ?

James

Oh dear I hope it wasn't that as it went off yesterday to my dealer, when I checked through the manual I presumed it was just a diagram of the power socket with 2 separate component parts. Boy do I feel like a tool now :doh:

But then having said that not Dali themselves or my dealer thought to point that out as a possible cause and something to check.

Many thanks for pointing it out though as I had no idea it was there, I just hope it isn't that to save me the embarrassment if it is.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Keeping the time line straight , if yesterday was Tuesday then you should here back from them today , even if it is that fuse I'm sure they'll do some fault finding to make sure the sub is ok before they send it back .

Hope you get it back soon anyway mate .

James

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
Keeping the time line straight , if yesterday was Tuesday then you should here back from them today , even if it is that fuse I'm sure they'll do some fault finding to make sure the sub is ok before they send it back .

James

Yes sent it off on Tuesday and confirmed delivery yesterday to my dealer who had already ordered parts from Dali the day I informed them (Monday), when I spoke to them yesterday they said that they hoped to have the repair carried out by Friday and would be in touch then which is still good service in my opinion. They did say they may well just replace the sub for a new one depending on what Dali send them.

Of course it's bank holiday weekend so the very earliest I would get it back is Wednesday but I think it's more likely Thursday or Friday depending on what course of action they take. Just hope it's back soon as it's amazing how much you miss the low end bass.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Oldboy said:
JamesMellor said:

James

Yes sent it off on Tuesday and confirmed delivery yesterday to my dealer who had already ordered parts from Dali the day I informed them (Monday), when I spoke to them yesterday they said that they hoped to have the repair carried out by Friday and would be in touch then which is still good service in my opinion. They did say they may well just replace the sub for a new one depending on what Dali send them.

Of course it's bank holiday weekend so the very earliest I would get it back is Wednesday but I think it's more likely Thursday or Friday depending on what course of action they take. Just hope it's back soon as it's amazing how much you miss the low end bass.

Fingers crossed they may just replace the unit. Dali are pretty good like that.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
themovierooms said:
Fingers crossed they may just replace the unit. Dali are pretty good like that.

My dealer phoned me late on in the day yesterday to confirm they have replaced the amplifier board and are sending it back to me next week after the bank holiday so I'm expecting it back with me on Wednesday, fingers crossed it's solved the issue and arrives back working again :pray:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Good news. My sub just arrived back with me and all is well, the sub is behaving as it should although I need to adjust the settings again but that won't take long. Very happy that it's back with me within a week and working again, what I have noticed though is that it has a much more positive switch now and you get a positive click sound when you switch it on and when it's in auto mode and goes into standby.

Before it went away it was silent when you switched it on and in auto mode so it's nice it's more positive now, fingers crossed the issue doesn't occur again but top marks to my retailer Creative Audio for fixing the fault quickly and if you discount the bank holiday it was carried out in 3 days and back with me on the 4th day. Great service!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts