dali suite 2.8

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been presented with the opportunity to buy a pair of new dali suite 2.8 floor standers to replace my acoustic energy aelite 2 standmounts which were always intended for the extra 2 channels in a 7.1 setup. The Acoustic energy's are a little too bright and lack bass with my cyrus. Would the dali's give a warmer and bassier sound?

Any advice appreciated on these speakers as i cant find many reviews.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
i have had mine about 4 weeks, you wont find to many reviews they were mostly sold across the pond

previous speakers were wharfedale evo 30,s which i hated.

the dalis are much more laid back in the treble dept which i like, the bass is also excellent.

make sure you have a large room, they are huge, and a solid floor.

your amp also should be happy driving a 4 ohm load.

highly recommended, i paid £439 for mine, you can not get a bigger bang for your money.

A

Anonymous

Hi JonAJon - I have had my Dali's for over a year now and can heartily recommend them for the set up you are seeking. The Dali's have a warm sound with ample bass (although a sub certainly adds that final octave for Movies) - the treble is accurate rather than prominent and makes a great match for my RX V1800 Yamaha Amp - I have a (ancient) Technics SL PS840 CD Player that has a very refined treble and the Dalis just play it as it is (without further refining the treble). I have, however, also used the Dali's with a Denon DCD 500 that is bright in the extreme and they worked a treat to tame the highs (the Dali's roll off a tiny bit above 15 ks so are probably exactly what you are after) - there are some good reviews of the Dali's available if you do some heavy duty searching - Home Theater Mag June 2004 has a full test of the complete Suite system including frequency response graph. There is a comprehensive test comparison on a Russian Web Site at - http://www.stereo.ru/profile_test.php?product_id=16143&tree_id=59. and also another great comparison test in Bild & Ljud Hemma March 2005 (a really detailed PDF is available but all in Swedish) which you can pick up from here - http://alatest.co.uk/apps/reviews/4795206/-1/Speakers/Dali+Suite+2.8/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Falatest.co.uk%2Fexpert-reviews%2Fspeaker-reviews%2Fdali-suite-2-8%2Fpe3-32527267%2C35%2F%3Fall%3D1 - On a final note - they work great with both Music and Movies and shine with acoustic but arent afraid of good old rock and roll. They take a little time to run in and will sound thier best after around 100 hours (they really do open up then) - I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. PS - forgot to mention that Bi-Amping makes a significant improvement to the sound from the Dalis - tried Bi Wiring which made a (very) subtle difference but Bi-Amping made a substantial improvement to an already great speaker. Cheers Laurie

T

the record spot

Buyers in or around the Brighton branch of Sevenoaks might be interested to know they had the 2.8s for £500 at the end of last month. Not sure if that deal is still going, but worth a phone call perhaps...?

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
still available on sevenoaks brightons e bay shop.... brand new ...... £449.00 delivered.... it,s a no brainer.

mine are used exclusivley with music, with a decent pre/power they sing, just remember there a 4 ohm load, you need a decent amp that,s happy with 4ohms.

A

Anonymous

What would be a good center and rear setup to match the Dali suite 2.8's?

T

the record spot

I think there is a 5.1 range for the 2.8 speaker isn't there? Maybe worth checking the Dali site to confirm.

legoyoda

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I Just bought a pair of the Dalis from Brighton and I have to say I am VERY pleased with them. For me they enabled me to punch above my initial budget but after auditioning MANY speakers (initially I was looking at bookshelf speakers) from B&W , Kef et all these were a significant step up in detail for teh same price range. Been spending all day re discvering my CD collection and loving the soud even though they're not "run in" just yet....

T

the record spot

In which case try out the Q Acoustics 2050 at £379/449 depending on the finish and see what you think of them. Don't let the price fool you, these are apparently very good for the money and carry on the fine tradition they started with their 1050i floorstander that won Product of the Year in Hi-Fi World's 2008 gongs issue.

A

Anonymous

and MR RS how come there is so little info on the Q acoustics 2020 other than thewhat hifi review......sorry off topic.

T

the record spot

@ Brittondave: Couldn't tell you mate, I don't work for any hifi titles and have no say in who decides to review what more's the pity! The 2050 is going to be coming up in two UK titles soon; WHFS&V appear to have a set and Hi Fi World are due to review next month.

Great little company; they're turning out some fine gear and they're still regarded as newcomers I think. Would be eyeballing their floorstanders myself if I was buying speakers (along with Acoustic Energy's mighty AE22 Actives monitors).

A

Anonymous

and even apart from looks i' be tempted at the passive AE22's

TRENDING THREADS