dali suite 2.8 or revolver music series 5 with arcam avr 300 for non fatiguing warm natural sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

i have a bright room with wooden florring, concrete walls and glass with blinds as one wall of my lounge.

after many good suggestions from what hifi forum experts, i have just ordered a thick velvet curtain to cover whole glass wall.i am hoping to buy a huge rug as well sometime soon.
my speaker setup consists of B&W 603 s2 as front and 601 as rear, cc6 s2 as centre. I have 603 s2 as biamped via arcam avr300 using ixos 6006 for Hf and gale xl315 for LF.

I listen to all kind of music so want to buy an allrounder speaker

PROBLEM - bass is not as tight and punchy as it used to be with my denon avr1604.Sound used to be very fatiguing and bright with denon which has toned down a lot with Arcam but still not there by a fair margin .I also tried a lot to improve stereo imaging and soundstage by moving speakers around the room , changing wires but soundstage is narrow and sweet spot is limited to one chair.Also i dont get a sense of live orchestra at all

i saw a deal online on Dali suite 2.8 for 400£.read reviews on this forum and found all of the mto be very good.things which impressed me that tweeter is smooth, which in my experience not true to metal domes of my B&W's. soundstage is wide and stereo imaging is excellent.many people also commented that bass is tight and punchy

My question is are they really lot better then my old B&W's for above mentioned criteria's? also what should be the price to pay for them as i read that people paid 400£ a year back as well so shouldn't they be cheaper now?

i quite like the looks in pictures, as i haven't seen them in flesh.Are these better then dali ikon 6?

I may be getting a revolver music 5 like new but without warranty for 500£. i never heard them as well but what hifi has glowing review of them, excluding bass slam.

Now how do dali suite 2.8 compare with revolver music 5 and B&W 603 s2 and 683?

Does extra driver of music 5 and 683 helps in bass ?

I cant demo either of them as its not possible to create my bright lounge ambience in a demo room.i did go to superfi and they told me that 683 will be even brighter then 603.

A

Anonymous

Ive just got the dalis from Brighton. Im very impressed by them. They are a lot different than the B&W/M.Audio sound. Im not a fan of these to brands as i think they are to bassy for me, and drown out the detail of tracks.

I went from very crisp regas with subtle bass, to a massive speaker,with a little more detail,and a room filling bass.

The easiest way to describe them against the B&W 683/684s, is the B&W will pound bass at you,and the dalis will put bass at you that seems to fill the area around you.

For example you could sit in front of the dalis and play a pounding track,but with B&W/M.A (in my opinion), you just couldnt sit there the sound would be uncomfortable.

Im very happy with them,massive,classy finish, £1000 pound build...defo

A

Anonymous

Not to rabbit on, but i would say the dalis have a massive soundstage aswell.

A

Anonymous

thanks for answers.can i ask you how much you paid for them? also compared to B&W will you call these warmer and non fatiguing or ?.i forgot to mention one important thing in my first post that B&W 603's has to be turned up in volume to make them sing otherwise they sound dull at lower volume.

How will you say dali's are in this respect? by massive soundstage do you mean that they you feel that different instruments are playing at different places? Sorry for my ignorance

you wrote bass seems to fill space around you but is it tight and fast?

A

Anonymous

£440 delivered.Sevenoaks,Brighton.

via E-bay...

I wouldnt say the bass is tight and fast, id say its discreet and warm. "tight and fast" screams Monitor audio RX2's for example.

Can you not get to a sevenoaks or soundandvision dealer, and compare the B&W floorstanders against the Dali floorstanders they have in the shop,that would be my suggestion.

The last time i was demoing the B&Ws range it was like crank em up, wow massive bass lines but cant hear ant detail mid to top end, so pointless for me. The dalis bass on cranking up seems in realation to the rest of the music.

The perfect example of this is the Splendor A5 speaker, which is perfectly balanced this way (in my opinion), hence its price tag.

Upon first listen i defo heard very good detail, instrument wise, so was impressed...

A

Anonymous

I fear that your amp may deserve a much better speaker,than what its driving at the moment.Its a very good spec'd bit of kit.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Have to agree, the Dalis at £399 are a bargain, now discontinued but still with a 5 year warranty, you will not get a bigger bang for your buck.

I have had mine since April 09, warm sound, massive soundstage, fast tight bass, with good slam.

This is down to the Parasound Halo pre/power, the A23 into the Dalis is putting out over 200 rms per channel, they sound supurb.

Recommended.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts