dali mentor menuets

Woodchippie

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi There I am looking for some good sounding compact speakers and have come up with dali mentor menuets.

I like the look of them and the size.

I am going to sell my B&W 685S which I am very pleased with, but want something smaller without losing, but gaining sound pleasure.

Has anybody got any dali mentor menuets that could comment.

Not sure yet where I could demo.

Any comments welcome.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Lovely speakers. You will gain more a more natural detailed sound, but lose base quantity and depth as well as overall scale, so best in small rooms.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I was considering a pair of those as and upgrade on my Lektor 2s, Haven't heard them but understand they're fantastic for nearfield listening. They benefit from being in corners or near to back wall to help the bass a little.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
What about the Striling Broadcast LS3/5a or the Spendor S3/5R2? Both based on the classics BBC monitors, and ideal for nearfield. The other plus is that they're sealed, so you can put them anywhere. You won't get huge bass, though.

altruistic.lemon said:
What about the Striling Broadcast LS3/5a or the Spendor S3/5R2? Both based on the classics BBC monitors, and ideal for nearfield. The other plus is that they're sealed, so you can put them anywhere. You won't get huge bass, though.

Both very good speakers I would say although the Spendors are a little larger than Dali's and the Stirling Broadcast are over a grand.

Having said that i would go for Spendors over the Dalis if the decision was mine.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The Dalis are an excellent choice, as would be the Spendors.

I believe the Spendors have a superior midrange while Dalis would offer a slightly more balanced sound.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
The Dalis really are a lot of fun to listen to. They're not the most neutral of speakers but always sound lively and entertaining. They won't have the bass depth of your B&Ws but are likely to sound better in most other ways.

Woodchippie

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My dealer does not do Dali speakers, but offered me a demo of Neat Iotas, if that's the correct spelling?

I will go next week to demo them, but I do like the look of the Dali 's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts