Dali mentor menuet VS Q acoustics concept 20???

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
You Are right. Currently i have the nad d 7050. I have the dalis right now, i like Them but I think im searching for a bit more airy Open sound. I have tried the other ones. Just wanted a second opinion. It seems that not many have experience with the dalis!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Chr78 said:
You Are right. Currently i have the nad d 7050. I have the dalis right now, i like Them but I think im searching for a bit more airy Open sound. I have tried the other ones. Just wanted a second opinion. It seems that not many have experience with the dalis!

If you can find a pair in your neck of the woods, the Martin Logan Motion 15 would be a great choice, nice and sensitive, easy to drive and a ribbon tweeter.

They are however readily available in outer Zanzibar......*good*

Chr78 said:

Problem with Nads in general, although they exhibit a big, powerful sound they do lack transparancy compared to other price compatible amps.

The only suggestion for a more open sound, speaker-wise, I'd look at MA GX50/100 or PMC.

davedotco said:
Chr78 said:

There's no bus service to Outer Zanzibar over Xmas.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
davedotco said:
Chr78 said:

I doubt there is a bus service at anytime. The camels are quite reliable and Xmas is cooler, a good time to visit.

Regarding the D7050, it really does not sound like any of the more conventional Nad amplifiers, as you turn it up it remains precise and controlled, none of that fake bass 'weight' or warmth that muddies up some of there other models. Nice amplifier.

davedotco said:
plastic penguin said:
davedotco said:
Chr78 said:

I doubt there is a bus service at anytime. The camels are quite reliable and Xmas is cooler, a good time to visit.

Regarding the D7050, it really does not sound like any of the more conventional Nad amplifiers, as you turn it up it remains precise and controlled, none of that fake bass 'weight' or warmth that muddies up some of there other models. Nice amplifier.

You're probably spot-on, but those Dalis were used by WHFI to tame the Leema a few years ago, which has an abundance of transparency in its soundstage.

So given the OP is looking for a "more open and airy sound" I suggested alternatives to the Dalis, which might be more his bag.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts