• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Dali Mentor Menuet vs Dynaudio Exite 12

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Hi all, I'm about to buy a Marantz CR603 and I'm having a hard time deciding between the Dali Menuet and the Dynaudio 12. I listen to various type of music, at medium-low volume and my room is medium size. I need small speaker due to wife's restrictions. First I was inclined to go with the Dali’s due to size, post-sales assistance in Switzerland (Dynaudio’s is not as broader) but after reading some reviews regarding its bass limitation and of not being too appropriate for mid-size rooms and started to doubt. My question is: is there such a notorious difference between these two speakers? Is Dali in fact aimed for small rooms and has relevant limitations for mid-sized ones? Would the Exite12 be clearly a better option? I'll not able to listen compare both in the same shop... Many thank's, Restelo

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
I would say the Dalis will suit the 603 better as they're a bit of an easier load. Sound wise, the Dynaudios will have a fuller bottom end, with the Dalis sounding a little more 'understated'.

A

Anonymous

Thanks David,

Actually I managed to compare both speakers and it was clear that the Exite 12 had a more natural sound and a more defined sound stage. Already order the Dynaudio.

Cheers

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Hi Restolo, I am considering the Dynaudio's at the moment. If you could tell us more about how they sounded in the audition that would be helpful.

Best wishes

Paul

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS