Dali Mentor 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have all Densen electronics (400+/200/310/300xs) and am bi-amping Neat Elite SE's cabling is VDH Orchid/Integration/Breeze and Kemp for power. Sound wise I suppose I'm at the safe 'Naim' end of the spectrum, wanting a lively and upfront sound but importantly with minimal aggression.

Inevitably I am toying with a speaker upgrade the Neat's are cracking speakers with far more joy d'vivre than the Spendor S5e's I had previously. They are really fast with tight bass but not too ott, but I suspect the electronics could cope with better speakers. Also I think I'd like a little weight but with minimal loss of speed.

I'm thinking of a few options maybe Elac's but they are difficult to get hold off - and I'm not too sure they'd boogie! I like the idea of the Dali Mentor 6's (a tad ugly on the design front but nice tweeters). I'm struggling to find reviews - has anyone heard them? Any other ideas?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi there, Denson and Neat are great choice. I have own many Neats and currently using Ultimatum MF5 which is one of the best pair money can buy imo. I agree with you that the Elite can sound a bit light! but not many pair at this price point can do emotion stuff like the Elite and Mystique. Are you buying 2nd hand? and what is your budget? main musical taste?

A

Anonymous

Hi Ultimatum's are a stretch too far!

I'm looking at ex-demo in the main around £2k +/-. Neat Momentum's and Kudos C20's are not really around yet - plus they'll be a tad too much. Music taste is eclectic I think is the word - in no particular order some arab stuff, indie, dance, electronic, world - but not a lot of classical / reggae / urban.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Dance and electronic doesn't suited to Neat Elite imo, they are more for Jazz and progressive rock. For £2K, ex-demo the world is your oyster my friend, I don't even know where to start! I know Dali have a very good rep (never heard mentor 6) but what I heard from this brand is all very musical. Would it have enough impact to match dance music and synergy with densen? I am not sure. I would however try a pair of Triangle antal ESW as I know someone currently using them with Densen electronics to a great effect. They put fun factor before anything else in fact if I havn't found my happiness in MF5 I would get a pair of them, very good price too. I know they are quite hard to hunting down, try http://www.hifidelityaudio.co.uk/ and ask for home demo I am very positive about this set up.

A

Anonymous

I had seriously thought about Triangle's shockingly good speakers - I spotted some Volante at a stupid price for the original stupid price! But.......have sealed a deal on some ex-demo Kudos C20's so sort of keeping the Neat faith. Thanks for the response.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I heard a lot of good reports, well done mate.......C20's soundstage should be up there with the best at any price, I love to hear them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts