DagMagic - worthy of Naim Nait XS?

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Which CD-players does it compare to?

What price range?

I own one and am happy with it. It will soon be matched with a Naim Nait XS amp, but is the DacMagic worthy of that match?

The DAC gets fed by the new Cambridge 650BD. Via coaxial.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Peter Larsen:
Which CD-players does it compare to?

What price range?

I own one and am happy with it. It will soon be matched with a Naim Nait XS amp, but is the DacMagic worthy of that match?

The DAC gets fed by the new Cambridge 650BD. Via coaxial.

I would say that if you were feeding the DM lossless files then yes. However, using the BD player as transport, I would suggest that the Naim XS needs/could do with better.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
First reaction would be; probably not, but I've never heard the two together. I used the XS with players from Denon, Roksan and Naims own CD5x and CD5i. - None of the other brands seemed to do especially well but neither did the CD5i.

A

Anonymous

Basically no-one will have tried the combination and therefore no-one knows - it's finger-in-the-air guesswork.

If you own Caiman/Transport and the XS is on the way, and therefore not looking for info to influence that buying decison, give them a go once they're all in situ. If you feel there may be benefit to upgrading the DAC and/or transport then take the boxes into a local dealer with a demo room and try a few out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts