Dads,new parent requires help with childproofing Hi Fi ?

isaacsdad

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Help !!! A very soon to be crawling baby boy who can already, as if by magic ,

reappear some distance from where you put him down ,needs help not to be electrocuted or put into care by his father.

I have all my stereo on a Soundstyle 5 tier rack, does anyone know of or have any experience of any kind of temporary cover for those occasions when son and heir goes crawl about unsupervised,and no my wife has already said i can't use a ball and chain or any kind of restraining device .

I did wonder about a barbeque cover as sold in homebase, but would not be terribly pleased with the aesthetic,if any one knows of any manufacturer who provides a product or of a bespoke service i would be eternaly gratefull

Many thanks isaacs dad

Messiah

You can get childrens 'pens' from Mothercare or similar that you could put around the rack. I had a similar dilema about 2 years ago now......

However, this would not look great...

A

Anonymous

I ended up not bothering. He is 3 now and still a pain, but not done anything awful (bit of dried banana on the speaker covers)

ÿ

obviously keep the speakere covers on :)ÿ

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:
Razor wire.

I find a stern "No" actually works when he goes near

Wow - you mean proper parenting?!
No offence at all to you Joel, it makes me happy when I see and read examples likes this - I remember being so disciplined by my own parents. It's just a sad reflection nowadays I think that for some children, a stern "No' from the parent means nothing at all.

John Duncan

professorhat:JoelSim:
Razor wire.

I find a stern "No" actually works when he goes near

Wow - you mean proper parenting?!
No offence at all to you Joel, it makes me happy when I see and read examples likes this - I remember being so disciplined by my own parents. It's just a sad reflection nowadays I think that for some children, a stern "No' from the parent means nothing at all.

This is because a stern "no" on our day, if ignored, was followed by a stern "smack", which is illegal nowadays. Or at least is in Scotland. So it's not quite as easy as it used to be........

T

the record spot

I tend to find "No" also works well. It must be genetic, I seem to have discovered a stern "No" voice. Either that, or I'm copying my wife when I suggest getting some new kit....

Messiah

Now the Wife's New Hi-Fi NO is certainly a stern one and will get through to any child
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS