Dacmagic to Airport Express digital cable

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies fellas. Yeah, I have a cheap Toslink to mini digital cable and but it seems to be working fine. Just wondering if the one I bought was too cheap.

I tweaked my iTunes and got rid of the sound/equalizer options. I think the biggest problem I was having was using the Apple Time Capsule wirelessly. Not very compatible with windows XP as I had to keep re-mapping the network drive. Got rid of it and now keep my music on a connected external hard drive. Music now sounds unbelievable and I'm very happy. Thanks again.

John Duncan

breckend:
Thanks for the replies fellas. Yeah, I have a cheap Toslink to mini digital cable and but it seems to be working fine. Just wondering if the one I bought was too cheap.

I tweaked my iTunes and got rid of the sound/equalizer options. I think the biggest problem I was having was using the Apple Time Capsule wirelessly. Not very compatible with windows XP as I had to keep re-mapping the network drive. Got rid of it and now keep my music on a connected external hard drive. Music now sounds unbelievable and I'm very happy. Thanks again.

OK, cool - I was going to say that the addition of a DACMagic to an AE (as I have done) may seem underwhelming to begin with because it doesn't change the tonality - it's in subtle areas like timing (where instruments stop and start quicker, without smearing or overhang) and imaging (the instruments are separated better and have more of a sense of existing space, both in width and depth) that improve.

There's a thread on here about getting the very best audio out of windows (can't help there, I have a Mac which seems to take a more simplistic view of audio output) - it was PJPro or Prfoessorhat who did it I think, I'll have a dig.

Edit - here it is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts