DACMAGIC AND XFI QUESTIONS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Hoping you guys can help me with this, hope I'm not being really dumb
emotion-4.gif
Just got my DACMAGIC, I'm using it with my Graham Slee headphone amp, playing WMP lossless rips from my PC. My PC has an XFI Fatality soundcard and iv'e connected it to the DACMAGIC by the S/PDIF.

Where I am confused is, I thought when outputting sound from S/PDIF on the soundcard it would be bypassing the DAC on the soundcard. This is what I wan't as I don't want the XFi messing with the signal. However changing setting in the control panel for number of speakers/CMSS surround and the crystaliser affects the sounds (sounds horrible). I have speakers set to headphones. Also there is the option for 48KHZ or 96KHZ digital, which is registered on the DACMAGIC, they seems to sound slightly different, is this some sort of upscalling from the soundcards DAC?

Anyone have any idea, basically I wan't the soundcard removed the equation! I know I can use the USB but that is not ideal either. I have an onboard soundcard, maybe this would be better (currently not installed, disabled in BIOS)

Thanks

A

Anonymous

If the Magic is receiving 48kHz it indicates that the audio is being re-sampled.

A

Anonymous

Worked it out. Use 'Audio Creation Mode' with Bit-matched playback and the ASIO plugin for foobar. DAC shows correct sampling rate, my CD rips 44.1KHZ and my LINN downloads 96KHZ 24 Bit (which is why I didn't wan't USB it's limited to 48KHZ 16 Bit).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts