DAC with built in clock - tentlabs b-dac

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I was considering the modded Music Hall Dac 25.2 just for comparision with my MF M1 DAC. However, the company which does modding also suggested tentlabs b-dac. It seems this has some internal clock which is jitter reduction or something like that..

Any ideas about this technology or porduct? Please share.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, all DACs have a clock to control their digital section: the one in question merely has a proprietary low jitter clock controlling its sample rate converter and reclocking.

A

Anonymous

You might be interested in the Hegel HD2. It's a Norwegian USB DAC that re-clocks and is apparently excellent - will be checking it out myself in a couple of weeks. Info here: http://www.hegel.com/hd2.htm

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Grottyash said:
You might be interested in the Hegel HD2. It's a Norwegian USB DAC that re-clocks and is apparently excellent - will be checking it out myself in a couple of weeks. Info here: http://www.hegel.com/hd2.htm

don't want to dampen your enthusiasm about this DAC but there's one ting you should be aware of. I was interested with this DAC for a while myself until I found out on another frum that it has very low output level so you'll have to crank your amp up in order to get the same volume level compared to other line level inputs. it's because it's powered by USB port which can't deliver enough current to make it sound as loud. you'd be better of with a mains powered DAC. people say that it's better to use this DAC as a usb - s/pdif converter insted as it has a digital coax out as well.

but if you're convinced that you want to buy it anyway get it from Europe. for some reason it will cost you approx 300 Euro from any european distributor and the british asks 360 GBP (I checked this with the official distributor for UK). ridiculous...

A

Anonymous

I'm in Euroland, so no problem. I'm only going for an audition - plans to buy depend upon whether I'm still employed at the end of next month, and whether it sounds good, of course.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Well, all DACs have a clock to control their digital section: the one in question merely has a proprietary low jitter clock controlling its sample rate converter and reclocking.

Thanks Andrew. In your wisdom, does this low jitter stuff add any perceivable benefit or is it merely pushing the perfromance from 99% to 99.5%?

TRENDING THREADS