DAC/PREAMP COMBO - Audiolab MDAC or Musical Fidelity M1-SDAC

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Having picked up 2x M1 PWR's to use in mono configuration I need a preamp to run them. I can pick up a M1-SDAC for £400 so I'm asking myself if the Audiolab would be worth the extra if I cant find a used one?

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you could stretch the budget a bit you could get an M1Clic from Fanthorpes HiFi and then have analogue and digital inputs with preamp capability , check out their website but be prepared to be sorely tempted to buy some lovely things!!

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have looked at the M1CLIC but I stream direct from my PC via JRiver media centre so not sure 80% of its functionality would be useful to me. Equally, I looked at the standard M1 DAC which I can get for around £250 but would then need a pre amp to control the volume to the amps.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I used to own the Musical Fidelity M1SDAC with a pair of M1PWRs too - it is a fine system that I'm sure you will enjoy. The build quality is good, sound quality good and there are lots of features (like bluetooth) to keep you busy.

I have also auditioned the Audiolab MDAC and thought it was very detailed, very bright - but with the right speakers would be a killer system. Also has great build quality and good looks.

If I were you I would go with the M1SDAC - synergy is all important!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts