DAC off - the new NAD M51 versus Chord 64

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone have an informed, or failing that an uninformed, opinion on this?

I like the idea of accessing the full fat audio from my Blu-rays via the NAD's HDMI option, something I can't do with my much loved decade old Chord.

Do you think the other DAC functions (streaming Lossless files from my Mac, mostly) I enjoy with my Chord would be much, if at all, diminished with the NAD?

SteveR750

Do you think the other DAC functions (streaming Lossless files from my Mac, mostly) I enjoy with my Chord would be much, if at all, diminished with the NAD?

I think the NAD would eat your Chord alive TBH. The Qute is probably a whole step better than the 64, and the NAD is at least as good as the former.

Shouldn't this be posted in the "DAC" section?

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750 said:

I think the NAD would eat your Chord alive TBH. The Qute is probably a whole step better than the 64, and the NAD is at least as good as the former.

Shouldn't this be posted in the "DAC" section?

Mmm, interesting comments about the NAD triumphing over the Chord.

I had a lengthy online chat with a guy from a HiFi dealership telling me the same thing. Then again, he is selling the NAD DAC so he perhaps wouldn't say otherwise.

Yes, you're right, this should be in DAC section. Forgot it existed, tbh.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
I wouldn't claim that the NAD is better than the Chord Qute, but in the same ballpark. I suspect the Qute (and thus the NAD) is an improvement over the 64.

Thanks for the info'.

As mentioned on several current threads I've taken the plunge and bought the NAD DAC. Looking forward to getting it up and running.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts