DAC Magic Plus USB Driver

SteveR750

has just vanished of my pc overnight, well over the weekend. Had it playing via the normal speakers and h/phones last weekend, came to connect tonight back into my system using the usb cable in the DAC, and the driver option has vanished. I have tried rebooting the PC, switching the DAC on and off, but I get a continuous "Windows does not recognise the USB device" everytime I connect the DAC. I have tried re-installing the driver, and cannot get past the set up page where you connect the DAC (device), again I am getting the windows does not recognise the usb device. It (PC in the system) worked fine just before I disconnected it from my system last weekend to take it away with me

I have not changed any setting knowingly on the PC, other than the default output to speakers over the weekend but have done this many many times and reverted back to the DAC.....any ideas (other than connect via optical)??

CambridgeAudioCare

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello Steve,

Can you confirm;

-If the driver shows as having been downloaded in the download history menu?

-Does the DacMagic Plus connect normally if you switch it to the USB- A mode?

- If you did not keep the unzipped download file, can you download it again and extract it to your desktop and see if it firstly displays a (2) in the title (showing that the original is still present) and see if it installs again?

If problems persist, can you submit this as an question to our support centre as well; http://support.cambridgeaudio.com/

Many thanks

Cambridge Audio

SteveR750

CambridgeAudioCare said:
Hello Steve,

Can you confirm;

-If the driver shows as having been downloaded in the download history menu?

-Does the DacMagic Plus connect normally if you switch it to the USB- A mode?

- If you did not keep the unzipped download file, can you download it again and extract it to your desktop and see if it firstly displays a (2) in the title (showing that the original is still present) and see if it installs again?

If problems persist, can you submit this as an question to our support centre as well; http://support.cambridgeaudio.com/

Many thanks

Cambridge Audio

1. Yes

2. How do I do that? I thought it only had async mode?

3. Tried that 3 times. Each time it asks me to connect the device (it is already connected) or to disconnect and reconnect, which I do. I then get an error mesage from windows " USB device not recognised ....one of the USB devices has malfunctioned and windows dos not recognise it". I cannot get any further with the driver installation.

The DAC works in optical mode from other sources and via the optical s/pdif on the PC.

SteveR750

I should add that on several occasions (once a week typically) it fails to works after a switch over, which is always fixed by a re-boot (switch off and back oin again). A couple of times (including the first time I set it up) it simply emitted a loud squealing noise from one channel only; again a reboot cured the problem. Bizarre, maybe I just have a rogue one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts