DAC Magic brought for my AV system

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Dear All

Today I brought a CA Dac Magic for my AV system. I connected it to my Denon 2309, B&W MT-30 System and my Pioneer 585A DVD Player to it using high quality cables (Atlas and Ixos). I was very unsure what improvement if any I would get, especially when speaking to JohnDuncan and Gerardasnails.

Well, what are my findings. I previewed it with many differant cds I can say without a doubt there has been a significant improvement. Even partnered with a seperate sub (PV1) the bass blends in beautifully with the other M1s. All the sound is brought together, vocals strings and effects are far more pronouncened. I can now listen to the system at quiter levels and hear a higher level of detail.

At £229 from Richer sounds it is quite a lot of money to spend, however I dont think I will ever need to by another CD player again plus when I get my network sorted I can use the Magic to improve my PC's sounds. Also, when I do go down the Hi-Fi route properly I can exploit its strengths even further.

For anyone with doubts about getting one for thier AV system I would say it is well worth the investement.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JacktheHead:
Dear All

Today I brought a CA Dac Magic for my AV system. I connected it to my Denon 2309, B&W MT-30 System and my Pioneer 585A DVD Player to it using high quality cables (Atlas and Ixos). I was very unsure what improvement if any I would get, especially when speaking to JohnDuncan and Gerardasnails.

Well, what are my findings. I previewed it with many differant cds I can say without a doubt there has been a significant improvement. Even partnered with a seperate sub (PV1) the bass blends in beautifully with the other M1s. All the sound is brought together, vocals strings and effects are far more pronouncened. I can now listen to the system at quiter levels and hear a higher level of detail.

At £229 from Richer sounds it is quite a lot of money to spend, however I dont think I will ever need to by another CD player again plus when I get my network sorted I can use the Magic to improve my PC's sounds. Also, when I do go down the Hi-Fi route properly I can exploit its strengths even further.

For anyone with doubts about getting one for thier AV system I would say it is well worth the investement.

Glad to hear you are happy Jack. As you mention, you have the potential to ("hifi route properly") add stereo speakers into your 5.1 set up and a stereo amp with lossless files in the future which would improve things much more again.

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I have heard the DAC mainly through a 2.1 setup using my two front M1's and PV1. My amp is then set to Pure Direct mode. In this setup this is where I have heard the greatest improvements. I have used the 5Ch Stereo setup however it cant be heard in pure direct mode and there is a bit too much going on.

Hope this has answered your question..
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts