Dac for Rotel and B&W

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys,I need advice

I have a sistem hifi composed of

Rotel RA 1520 - B&W 685s2 - Dac Magic 100 - BD Panasonic BDT 700

Now I would change the dac with a more powerful that goes with my system to be connected to the PC and BluRay

seeking a dac music and clear, which of these can fit?

Audiolab M Dac

Rega Dac

Berestford Caiman MKII

o Other?

Thanks

plasterman

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
You already have a dac that has the facilities you require and the dacs you've listed wouldn't really give you much of an upgrade in sound quality for the money you'd have to pay to replace the dacmagic.

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I think that Rotel's new RDD-1580 DAC would be a worthwhile upgrade over your DAC Magic 100. It's also a perfect partner for your Rotel amp. The Rotel DAC has received good reviews, at least in the American Stereo press.

plasterman

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
criant said:
then you say that if I buy I buy the audilab m dac I will not have improvements?

The audiolab m-dac is a great bit of kit. What I'm saying is will the possible improvements be worth the money. I have an m-dac and I really like it, I use it as it was intended as pre amp/dac.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You'll find upgrading the DAC is a sound tweaking, maybe a touch better can be bought, but for the extra money upgrading the speakers would be hugely better pound for pound.

SteveR750

From personal experience, If you want a noticeably worthwhile improvement, I'd suggest a Chord Qute, ex demo ebay £700+ otherwise you're wasting your money. A tiny dacmagic XS is pretty close to a dacmagic +, the difference is the analogue amplifier circuits.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts