DAC [Digital 2 Analog Converters]

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello HiFi Fans!

I am using Squeezebox 3 from Slimdevices times (Now Logitech). All my CDs are ripped in Lossless FLAC using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and stored on Squeezecenter Linux server in basement. As an old audiofil I've first connect it to my Cyrus sistem (DAD3, Pre, 2×Power and biamped MA GR20 wired with QED Silver aniversary). Compared to dAD3 it sound flat and narrow if we talking about sound stage. So, SB3 finished at my Garden audio system. Recently I've equiped whole house with Logitech Duets (with one controler of course). This time I need a solution for my listening room (books, piano, hifi). I am talking about good DAC to improve sound from Logitech receiver to dAD3 level or beyound. I have read almost every 2008 issue, but the were no DAC on test recently.

Can you consider testing some serius DACs in the near future?!

Regards,

Andrej Fercic

Ptuj, Slowenia

A

Anonymous

As an all Cyrus system fan, I have thinking about Cyrus DAC (eBay Second hand?) or DAC XP, but latest is to expensive for my taste ;) But alternative is always open. I just want proper sound, becouse I can hardly listen Logitech receiver from the box.

Regards, Andrej

A

Anonymous

Tx, for advice John. Can you tell me more about your sistem ...

Regards, Andrej

John Duncan

aferci:
Tx, for advice John. Can you tell me more about your sistem ...

Regards, Andrej

Mac feeding apple lossless into airport express into Primare A20 Mk11 and, currently, AVI Neutron Vs.

Beats my Primare D20 CD player......

A

Anonymous

Nice. I have 4 Logitech receivers and one Classic. Classic works nice in bedroom with Diamond 8.1 active, R1 with Logitech X-230 in my daughter's room, R2 for garden with Marantz PM-25 and Tannoy Mercury M1 or bathroom - speaker selector, R3 attached to Pioneer VSX-C300 in my living room and home cinema system.

My main audio system is in dedicated room called music room ;) Analog part is combined from two parts which has common pre ampm Cyrus pre. Sources are: Cyrus dAD3, Cyrus FM7 and Logitech receiver. > Cyrus PRE > 1.part: Quad 405 > Rogers LS3/5a 2.part: 2ž Cyrus Power > Biamped Monitor Audios GR20.

Regards, Andrej

John Duncan

Well obviously the Cyrus DAC would match all your gear but if that doesn't matter so much to you, then the DACMagic would be a good second option, as I think the Cyrus Pre has a balanced input - you could take the Squeezebox and dAD3 into the DACMagic to give you the balanced option for both.

There are plenty of other less and more expensive options though - you could look at Benchmark, Stello and Lavry as well as the budget options I mentioned earlier, but I say again that the DACMagic is very good value for money.

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
I tried out a number of DACs to play my FLAC tracks through, and the one I settled on was the Bel Canto Dac 3. It is spectacular it really is. However. It's not cheap. Especially with the weakness of the £ these days. And no matter how good it is, it's certainly not ten times as good as the DACMagic which is for sure a bargain.

A

Anonymous

mikeinbrum:I tried out a number of DACs to play my FLAC tracks through, and the one I settled on was the Bel Canto Dac 3. It is spectacular it really is. However. It's not cheap. Especially with the weakness of the £ these days. And no matter how good it is, it's certainly not ten times as good as the DACMagic which is for sure a bargain.

I've heard the Bel Canto Dac 3 (home demo) and it really is excellent. As it is I wanted the Bryston BP26 so I ordered it with the DAC option (very happy). It was an expensive option but performs extremely well. I have not heard the DACMagic, but certainly hear excellent things about it. I guess it really comes down to how important 'a bit' better really is to you.

A

Anonymous

DacMagic did just win HiFi Choice DAC Group test, as Group Test Winner. Beating beresford and cyrus (if i recall right).

The DACMagic was one of 3 products (from the 6 reviewed) to be given Best Buy status.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts