DAC-Amp combo for MA RX6 Speakers

DanielTura

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

In the next couple of months or so.. ill be gathering info and cash for a new sistem.

As i listen to many different genres of music(from trance..to classical..to metal..jazz..etc)i picked the MA RX6s as ive read theyr good all-rounders with great value attached.Now comes the dillema..what Amp and DAC(becouse i use my pc as a source..dont like swapping CDs) combo should i use?(i can auditon the RX6s with the XTZ Class A100D3/Nad C356BEE and Creek Evo 2..and will when the time comes..and theres still the dac pairing..)but there are other options like the Denon PMA1510AE , Marantz PM KI Pearl Lite , Arcam A28 and Exposure 2010S2..and DACs are allmost absent from showrooms(witch i cant audition with the speakers as theyr from other dealers).My listening room will be 15x11.5 ft(probaly bare floored but that can change if it improves accustics).

Priority in sound characteristics:

Dynamic/Musicality/Instrument separation come first(could sacrifice some aspects for tonal balance..witch i prefer to be neutral or slightly warm/sweet never harsh or bright).

Given my situation how should i aproach this?(any tips advice)?..any good combos(with descption if posible)?

Thank you in advance.

DanielTura

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank You,

Yea sorry forgot to mention that id say about 2000 pounds give or take , including the speakers.(PS and another thing,i dont live in the UK so prices may vary..tho if i go the maratz way im probably gona order from the uk or if i go the xtz way directly from them..much cheaper than if id get them from here.)

Also converting to GBP i can get the Rx6s for about 690 here..that would leave me with about 1300 for the AMP and DAC..i was also considering the HK 990(seeing it has a buit in DAC..witch should be prety good considering its a dual AD1955) but it may be abit overkill powerwise and therse no way to audition it :cry: .

TRENDING THREADS