dab tuner blown after inserting rothwell attenuaters.

It looks like an unhappy coincidence. Even if the plugs had shorted, it shouldn't have caused the failure you describe.

I had imagined you would plug the attenuators into the amp input, but I suppose it depends on the format you chose.

A

Anonymous

The attenuaters were pluged into the tuner inputs, then the interconnects went to the
tuner/dab inputs on the 640a amp. And then i used a second 640a amp connected from the
pre-out on the first amp and used the second amp to control the bass (power amp). Did
that set-up course the tuner to fail.

Ive now taken the attenuaters out before i blow the FM side as well.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
As Nopiano said, there is no correlation between adding attenuators & one side of the tuner stopping working. More likely that you've broken the aerial connection while moving it around. Although it appears to be a single aerial shared between DAB & FM, maybe your FM coverage is sufficiently strong to survive a poor connection.

A

Anonymous

No its not the aerial. When i turn the tuner on, it plays for about 10 minuits and then goes
off with muddled writing on the display panel.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Coincidence, IMO - perhaps a dry joint or loose connection got disturbed when you plugged the attenuators in. Sometimes tapping will confirm intermittent or temperature related issues.

A

Anonymous

Gave the tuner a good old tapping,it seem's to have sorted the problem out.Thanks for the
tip. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts