DAB separates tuner

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last night I actually found something on the radio worth listening to. On the odd occasion that this happens I use the tuner in my Bravia. Not that it sounds terrible or anything, but, how much better can a dedicated tuner sound?

A

Anonymous

I was looking at the sony st-sb900 to match my sony str-db930, playing through Q acoustics 1050s in stereo.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Sony tuners are usually pretty good, although we haven't tested this particular model yet. But it should certainly sound better than digital radio on Freeview played through your TV speakers.

Depending on where you live, you may well need to invest in a decent DAB aerial to get the best out of the tuner, as DAB signal strength can vary enormously around the country.

A

Anonymous

I use the RCA outputs on my TV to link it to my amp, not into listening through my tv, especially not to music. I get some bad interference sometimes too. im going to finish this rant in off topic and misc.

A

Anonymous

Best 40 quid I ever spent was getting a dedicated DAB aerial fitted in the loft in place of the TV aerial - I live in a new build house, and it means that all the aerial output points in the house can now feed to DAB radios.

oh, and for a cheap DAB, the bush seperate from Richer Sounds at 60 quid is hard to beat. not a name I would normally buy.

A

Anonymous

No offence to anyone, but, I don't think I could face having a Bush.

A

Anonymous

As I understand it the bandwidth available for Digital Freeview radio is higher than DAB. This theoretically should mean that the quality of the sound should be better.

Of course the quality of the tuner and componentry comes into play, and I would guess that more time and effort has been spent on extracting the best noise from a dedicated DAB unit than from your average freeview tuner.

L

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="richardjlarby"]I use the RCA outputs on my TV to link it to my amp[/quote]

If you have a TV with digital output it might be worth experimenting with a budget digital lead - probably optical, being a Sony. The DACs/analogue section in AV receivers usually much better than those in TVs.

A

Anonymous

I have my cambridge audio 640Tv2 Dab tuner connected to my tv roof aerial,i have a 2 way splitter connected to the end
of the incoming lead, and then a fly lead to the tv and one to the tuner,the reception is exellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts