DAB Radio for a bathroom

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking for a DAB radio to buy someone for Christmas which is to be used in a bathroom. It doesn't need to be splashproof as it won't be taken into the shower but it needs to tolerate high humidities. The only one I can find is the Revo Pico but it got poor reviews on Amazon. I was also looking at the PURE Oasis Flow but its alot more than I was looking at spending and the ~ 1 minute startup time.

Any suggestions please anyone?

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Exact same question came up about 5 weeks ago. Pure One mini is great for a bathroom. You will need the battery pack for it which is bought seperately. A full charge lasts for ages, and, as another poster said, is plenty loud enough to overcome the noise of the shower.

Rich

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, 'twas me :) Very humidity proof, weeks of charge (and I use it plenty), sensibly priced, decent sound quality, plenty of volume, an aux in for phones etc and excellent at picking up dab transmissions.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Looks great but I think it should have come with the battery pack and its quite expensive. Also £20 for the case??!!

Still works out cheaper than the Revo and I like this PURE much more. Going to ahead and get it and may end up getting myself one as well.

Thanks guys!

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
So it's about £70 now with the battery pack, it's gone up a bit since I bought one and I remember it feeling a bit galling at the time having to get the battery separately (tho I suppose it makes it cheaper for someone who will use the mains at all times). That feeling went after a time, I've had the radio years, the battery still works perfectly, it's still decent value.

Didht know about a case, but is available for £15: http://www.ogormans.co.uk/acatalog/pure-one-mini-case-vl-61384.html

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
DistortedVision said:
Why is my post always blank when I start a new thread? It always happens no matter which browser I use.

Happens to me too - annoying isnt it. I post a blank post first, then use the reply option if that makes sense.

I questioned this to Andrew Everard - see iphone VW thread - he says he has no idea why it happens to some of us and if they knew they would fix it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts