DAB 10 Arcam problems with O/P

daycartes

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I bought a brand new Arcam DAB 10 a few years ago and it worked OK until a couple of years ago when I started to get a really annoying low frequency pulse output noise (ba,ba,ba,ba), which served to break up the nromal output which is OK reception wise. In fact reception according to the display is nigh on perfect. The noise is there whether I am tuned into a station or not (such as when sarching for stations).

I emailed Arcam as it was now out of warranty, but I didnt even get an acknowledgement. I waited for many months and it was only when I found out that there were some new really good stations available that I turned it back on. Same fault, I emailed ARcam support again. Still no acknowledgement.

What irks me is that I bought a second hand Arcam 8 whos only fault was that the remote didn't work correctly. This now works better than it did when I bought it (remote now works!!) and it cost a great deal less than the DAB unit. OK both units are at least 10 years old but are we to accept that new technology produces kit that doesn't last very long?

I invested in Arcam because I thought that it would last for a considerable time. Looks like I have wasted my money and looks like Arcam after sales service resembles 1970s British practice.

Any info on the fault would be gratefully acknowledged.

both.of.me

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
having had a similar problems with an A28 id advise contacting a dealer about the issue ive never had any timley responce from arcam and genrally they take frequent attempts to resond to emails

have you tried raising them on the phone?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts