admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm Going wireless/digital unblinking at the high end as far as quality goes. I'm after a dac and a amp and connecting it to airport express for wireless. I've been looking at Cyrus I here good things about them, i read I'n what hifi (Cyrus Dacs are arguable the best I'n the world) and won't break the bank balance def appeals to me! So what e actor are my choices there's the new Cyrus 6 xpd with built I'n dac I's this good what about pre amps would I need one of them maybe a separate dac would be better rather that built I'n? just looking for advice on what I need and what's goodkeeping cyrus I'n mind tho! Thanks

A

Anonymous

I don't know about Cyrus making or being 'best DACs in world' (but am sure that will encourage debate..) although i do run a Cyrus pre XPD Qx with the upgraded DAC chip and I am delighted with the results. Firstly I borrowed the XPD with lower spec DAC chipsets, then settled on the QX upspecced box. Am i glad I went for higher spec box? Too right. It is a superbly integrated package and a useful sound quality improvement over non-Qx box. Significant enough to justify the extra outlay.

Separate or built in? Well I like neat, so one box suits. If you tried the 6 XPD integrated you could always expand later, both in terms of the QX DAC chipset within the box, and the Cyrus modular PSX etc for building blocks. I see more downside than upsaid eo

Can't comment on AEX connectivity as i am a happy Squeezebox user. But you should have no problems.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
6XPd is an integrated amp so it has pre and power stages built in, i.e. no you don't need a preamp. The Cyrus preamp is the PreXPd, you'd then need a separate power amp and are looking at spending double, new.

I have the Qx module and while laptop through USB sounds great, I have not compared it to another DAC in my system. CD6SE sounds no better using its optical out into the PreXPd Qx than it does via analogue output, thought it would sound at least marginally improved.

By the way why are you spelling "in" as "I'n"? I can understand typing illiteracy if it is quicker or is a commonly misspelled word, but that is just bizarre. Looks idiotic.

A

Anonymous

Still not convinced were to spend my money back to the drawing board I think. Ps in regards to the spellings I will have a word with my iPhone 'stop doing idiotic things!'

TRENDING THREADS