cyrus v arcam

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to get a CYRUSCD6S as i wanted a cyrus and this is the best i can afford right now,i also wanted a cyrus amp to match-any advice?

Someone i have been speaking to has also recomended the ARCAM MINI SOLO,but to be honest i think the cyrus would be better.

I currently use a sony bluray player for music and movies,but wanted a dedicated cd player and amp for music only.

I would be driving them through a pair of Quad 21l,which are currently being driven by a Denon avr2803.

if anyone has other advice i would be more than willing to listen.

Thanks

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i'd forget the solo for powering the quads as the 25w is no where near enough power to do them justice but I would also avoid the cyrus with those speakers as they really need something warm to help them out - i'd look at arcam seperates or the full solo as a minumum or look for a matching quad amp - otherwise think you will end up with a very bright system

A

Anonymous

Budget,well thats a tough one depending on where you shop.

I have been looking on ebay but i reckon around 600-700 for both,but you know i may be tempted to push more but not alot.

Arcam stuff is good,but the cyrus stuff is so good,is there anything better for the price?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i have never got on with cyrus kit - my brother has a full system and just never taken to it - haven't heard the new stuff but i am keen to as heard its a more rounded sound these days- lots of chice for that money - do you want to go second hand or new?

A

Anonymous

Well in a ideal world new! haha

But will have to be used i think,i have heard people say its bright,but works well with the quads

Messiah

Bright...hmmm. I think it all comes down to taste. I have my Cyrus Amp paired to some Monitor Audio RS1's and I love it. I would not say that it was bright at all.

It would be best to demo some gear but buying second hand might indeed make that tricky. Do you know anyone with Cyrus gear you could stick your speakers on the end off??

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Messiah:
Bright...hmmm. I think it all comes down to taste. I have my Cyrus Amp paired to some Monitor Audio RS1's and I love it. I would not say that it was bright at all.

It would be best to demo some gear but buying second hand might indeed make that tricky. Do you know anyone with Cyrus gear you could stick your speakers on the end off??

prob is taste as they sell shed loads - see i thought would sound awful with the quads but would have said same about the rs1s - and its not that i don't like ma speakers have owned about 7 pairs over last few years and still have two sets now but would says like adding to brightish components together

A

Anonymous

OK

Have looked on moorgate acoustics and they look great,currently a cyrus cd6s on ebay for 299 plus deliv.

Dont know anyone who has cyrus gear,people think i am mad to spend hundreds on playing a cd,but i love it!

i also looked at naim but hey how much can you spend on good quality gear,i need one of you guys to come with me to audition .

A

Anonymous

Exactly its so scary lol!

i think i could push to around £800!

A

Anonymous

hey,whats your email address.it would be good to spa hi fi terms.!

A

Anonymous

Used Quad 909 and matching CDP that doesn't require a pre. Might be a push on that budget but it works bloody well with the Quad speakers.

A

Anonymous

wow!

Just looked at price ,just short of £1000! Too rich for my blood-hi fi bitz sell it,maybe i should just stick a quad or cyrus cd player-will keep searching and thanks for advice

TRENDING THREADS