Cyrus upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my present system & am not sure of the best way to go, I have the CD8 vs 8vs Amp along with a PXR for each of them & 2 x smart power plus amps all hooked up to Kef XQ1's with stands.

I am thinking of either upgrading the speakers (I've never been that impressed with them after getting them home !!) or buying a DAC for the CD player. my budget woul be around £1500 ish.

any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

John Duncan

The incremental upgrade potential you have in what is a pretty good front end suggests that you'd get much more value out of a stunning pair of speakers. Sonus Faber and high-end B&W spring to mind from my own experience, but can't speak for the new Wilson Benesch Square thingies that people are talking about.

A

Anonymous

HI, thanks for the reply,

yeah I am thinking of exactly those speakers, the square 1's I think they are, or the B&W 805's or anything else in that kinda price range. I have not hear too much about the Sonus Faber make tho?. I am not too sure what a seperate DAC would bring to the party to be honest.

Thanks

John Duncan

[quote user="seabiscuit"]

I am not too sure what a seperate DAC would bring to the party to be honest.

[/quote]

You have reached the point of diminishing returns, in my opinion - your front end *ought* to be pretty sorted.

[quote user="seabiscuit"]

I have not hear too much about the Sonus Faber make tho?

[/quote]

Italian (I think). Works of art in look and sound. Concertino domus standmounter about 800 quid, but get the matching stands for another 400 - or the floorstanding Concerto Domus at 1800 quid, which I covet intensely and may one day be able to afford. The Cremonas are out of my league.........

http://whathifi.com/hi-fi/archive/2007/08/02/news-sonus-faber-s-improved-cremonas.aspx

TRENDING THREADS